Chapter 33 The Dinner Party

Thorin, Kagome, and the others entered The Mountain, and Balin and the company greeted Princess Dis. She smiled and hugged everyone. Since dinner was going to be a family affair, the Company was also going to be there, as Thorin considered them his family. And Thorin was sure that Dis would want to hear their side of the story. Thorin told his nephews to escort their mother to her chambers to rest from her long journey.

While Dis left with her sons, Kagome decided to supervise the dinner arrangements and add some dishes from her and Rin's homeworld. She asked Thorin what Dis's favorite dishes were to have them prepared. Kagome also told Thorin that she would prepare dishes from her homeworld.

Thorin hugged and kissed his One, “You don't need to go through all this trouble, my love; the kitchen staff can handle everything.”

Kagome pulled from Thorin and smiled, “I know it isn't, Thorin, but I want to. I want to show your sister that she is as important to me as you are.”

Thorin was touched by Kagome's confession and decided that whatever she needed, he would get her to complete her goals. Thorin informed his beloved of all the dishes that Dis enjoyed. Kagome quickly wrote down everything, then pecked Thorin on the lips and eagerly made her towards the kitchens, but not before stopping to pick up Rin so that she could help her prepare the Japanese dishes. Kagome would need to make more than the average amount of food usually served during a Japanese meal to accommodate the appetite of the Dwarves so she would need Rin's help.

The young women arrived in the kitchen, where Bombur began to prepare for that evening's meal. He was surprised to see the future Queen and Princess there, but he smiled and welcomed them.

“Kagome, Rin, what are you doing down here?”

Kagome hugged Bombur, “Well, Thorin gave me a list of the dishes that Princess Dislikes, and Rin and I wanted to help prepare them.”

Bombur smiled, “I would be honored to have your and Rin's help with dinner tonight, Kagome.”

“Wonderful, Rin and I want to also make some food from our homeworld for Dis.”

Bombur nodded and showed the girls a place in the kitchen where they could work. The girls spent several hours cooking the food for dinner with Bombur and the kitchen staff's help, and Bombur was eager to learn how to make the dishes Rin and Kagome were also working on. Once everything was ready, Rin and Kagome left so that they could get prepared for that evening.

While Kagome and Rin were busy in the kitchen, Dis was in her bed chambers, talking with her sons. She wanted to know a little more about the human girls and the Elf maiden that the men in her family were interested in.

Fili and Kili began to tell their mother about Kagome and how she and Thorin did not get along when they first met. Kili told Dis how Kagome knocked Thorin out with her powers. They stared at her son and then burst into a fit of laughter. She laughed so hard tears ran down her face. It took five minutes for Princess Dis to get herself under control.