Chapter 20 Mirkwood And Shikigamis

The Dwarves were shoved along quite roughly, but no one would touch the human, fearing the same fate as the prince. The only one that was not worried was the captain of the guard Tauriel. She found the little human fascinating. Tauriel had little contact with humans but she looked nothing like the ones she had seen. Kagome, as Tauriel came to find out, was a tiny little thing with long blue black hair, the color of a raven's wing. She had porcelain skin and big beautiful blue eyes that seem to hold centuries of wisdom and could see into a person's soul. Tauriel instantly liked the human girl. Tauriel was walking next to Kagome the whole time and would glance down at her every now and then. But Kagome had been watching her the whole time. This elf was a pure soul, what was she doing among all these tainted monsters?

"You could have passed through my barrier, you know?" Tauriel turned around then looked at Kagome.

"Me? I doubt that if Prince Legolas could not, then I would not have been able to either." Kagome shook her head

"You are a pure soul among rotting corpses and your prince couldn't because he is a spoiled selfish brat who care nothing for what is going on outside the borders of his own lands. And I'm sure he learned that from his father, but you care too much and feel helpless. You also do not see the difference between races. I saw the look you gave the dark hair archer of ours." Tauriel reared back! How could she know the most inner working of her own heart.

They were led into the heart of the castle of Mirkwood. Legolas was still fuming over his inability to reach the human that obviously was the source of all that power. He had no intention of hurting her, but wanted to know who she was and drag her away from those wretched Dwarves. That was what made him unworthy. That terrible unfounded hatred he had towards the Dwarves and his not so pure intentions toward the girl. But Legolas didn't know that, he just knew that his singed fingers had yet to heal.

The Dwarves were led to the dungeons. They were stripped of all possesions and weapons, but Fili and Kili had wisely hidden the Sikigamis Kagome had given them in their boots. They remembered what she had said, they would come in handy. Meanwhile Thorin and Kagome were left standing in the middle of the Throne Room. Kagome looked around, completely unimpressed.

'Sesshomaru's Castle is better looking than this.' Thorin looked at her and the expression of utter boredom on her face. All he could do was smirk. What kind of woman had he fallen in love with.

At that moment the Elven king Thranduil entered the Throne Room with Legolas at his heels. Legolas frowned when he made eye contact with Kagome, she only smiled sweetly at him. Legolas leaned up and whispered something in his father's ear. Thranduil pulled away shocked, then looked at his hand. Thranduil turns his piercing gaze towards Kagome, completely ignoring Thorin. She doesn't even flinch. He stands up from his throne and approaches Kagome. Expecting to see fear in her eyes, all he saw was absolute indifference.

'This guy doesn't hold a candle to Lord Sesshomaru.' Kagome thought. In fact he look a bit comical to her.

"How dare you! How dare you attack my people and injure my son when all we offered you was our assistance." Kagome gives the king an incredulous look, then glances at Thorin then at Legolas.

"That's what you told your father?! Poor spoiled brat went crying to daddy to make his boo boo better?" They didn't understand all of what she said, but it was obvious that she was mocking the Elven Prince.

"What kind of man are you? Oh I'm sorry not a man but Elf, that can't handle being a little singed! Your own fault, may I remind you." Kagome says throwing up her hands, her powers pulsing in frustration. She stormed passed the staring men, grabbed Legolas' hand and touched his fingers healing them instantly.