Chapter 32 Returning to the Mountain

The caravan from Ered Luin was making its way out of Dale and was headed towards the mountain. Word had already reached Thorin that his sister was among those traveling. He had his nephews informed, then had a maid tell his love and Rin so that they had enough time to get ready. The girls had been working all day in the infirmary, treating the Dwarves that had been injured while restoring Erebor.

When Kagome found out that her future sister-in-law would be arriving soon, she and Rin rushed to their rooms to bathe and change. As Kagome finished getting ready, there was a knock at her door. Kagome flared her aura and smiled when she realized Thorin was at the door, “Come in,” Kagome said.

Thorin walked into Kagome's chambers. He was already dressed in his most elegant clothes; his hair was immaculate and perfectly combed. Thorin smiled when he saw Kagome already dressed, sitting in front of the vanity, brushing out her hair, “Amrâlimê, you look beautiful,” Thorin said as he came up behind Kagome and kissed the top of her head.

He took the brush from Kagome and began to brush out her raven black hair for her. Kagome smiled at Thorin through the mirror, “Thank you, Thorin, you look very handsome as well.”

“Thank you, my love,” Thorin replied and continued to brush Kagome's hair. He reached for Kagome's courting braid and removed the bead holding it together. Undoing the braid, Thorin brushed out her hair, then rebraided the courting braid and reattached the bead.

Now that Kagome's hair was brushed out and rebraided, Thorin kissed her cheek then offered his arm, “Come, my love, my sister should be arriving shortly.”

Kagome hesitated for a moment, “Do you think your sister will like me?” Kagome asked, a little worried.

Thorin hugged his One, “My love, my sister will adore you, and she will love Rin as well.”

Kagome let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't worried only for herself; she was worried about Rin as well. A sudden thought occurred to her, “Thorin, what about Kili and Tauriel?”

“I do not know how my sister will react to Kili's One being an Elf maiden. But I will help them in any way I can,” Thorin said and smiled at Kagome.

Kagome hugged her, betrothed, “Thank you, Thorin.”

“You are welcome, my love. I would never deny Kili his One.”

Kagome nodded, then took Thorin's hand as he led her to the gate. Thorin and Kagome met Fili, Kili, Rin, and Tauriel along with the rest of the Company at the gate; together, they made their way outside and watched as the caravan from Ered Luin slowly wind its way towards Erebor.

Fili and Kili looked on anxiously as they waited for their mother to arrive. They suddenly spot their mother's retinue coming up the road, the royal flags of House Durin flying in the wind. Several guards were riding in front and more in the rear, and the middle was Dis, Princess of Erebor. Kagome watched as they got closer, and she was able to get a closer look at her future sister-in-law. Kagome could see that Dis resembled Thorin, except she had her hair intricately braided along with her beard.

Kagome glanced at Fili and Kili; she could tell they couldn't wait for their mother to get closer. Once the group arrived at the gates, and the soldiers dismounted, the captain of the guard made his way to Dis and helped her off her pony. Kagome let go of Thorin's hand so that he could greet his sister.

Thorin smiled at his One and began walking down the path to meet his sister while the boys ran ahead of him, “Amad!” Fili and Kili cried as they ran towards their mother.

Dis smiled at her boys and opened her arms as they ran into her and hugged her tightly, “My boys, I am so happy to see that you are safe and sound.” She said and hugged her boys tightly as tears ran down her cheeks.

Thorin walked towards his family with a smile on his face. Dis reached for him and pulled him into a hug as well. “Thorin, thank Mahal that you are all safe. I have missed you all very much.”

“And we have missed you, Sister. Come, let us go inside; we have some people we would like to introduce you to,” Thorin told his sister.

Dis let go of Thorin but still held on to Fili and Kili. They walked towards the mountain entrance where Kagome, Rin, and Tauriel were waiting to meet the princess of Erebor. When the Durin family finally arrived, the three women curtsied and bowed their heads toward Princess Dis.

“Welcome home, Your Highness,” The girls said at the same time.

Dis was slightly shocked to see two humans and an Elf maiden bowing before her. She looked at Thorin, confused, “You may rise. Thorin, what's going on?”

Thorin smiled brightly and walked towards Kagome while the boys did the same with their Ones, “Sister, I would like you to meet Kagome Higurashi, my One and future Queen of Erebor.”

Princess Dis's eyes widen, “Your One, Thorin?”

Thorin's smiled only grew, “Aye, Kagome is the love of my life.”

Princess Dis stared at the young girl for a moment, causing Kagome to squirm a bit under her gaze. She suddenly walked towards Kagome and enveloped her in a hug, “Welcome, Kagome to the family. I am happy that my brother has finally found his One.”

Kagome stiffened at first, then relaxed into the embrace, “Thank you, Princess Dis, I am so happy and honor to be part of your family and to be Thorin's One.”

“Please, child, call me Dis, or better yet, Sister,” Dis said as she looked at Kagome at arm's length. Dis then turned to Rin and Tauriel, “Welcome to our family as well. As I can only assume that you two young ladies are my sons' Ones as well.”

Fili smiled brightly and led Rin towards his mother, “Aye, Amad, This is Rin Taisho, My One. She saved me during the Battle.”

Dis's eyes widened, “Is that so?”

“Yes, Your Highness,” Rin said but did not elaborate further.

Dis narrowed her eyes, “There seems to be more to this story than you all are telling me.”

“There is, Sister, but I think it would be best talked about inside,” Thorin said, “But in the meantime, this is Tauriel of the Woodland Realm, Kili's One.”

Dis was surprised at first to know that her youngest son had fallen in love with an Elf, but she could see that they loved each other very much, and as long as Kili was happy, she could accept it, “Welcome to our family as well, Tauriel.”

“Thank you, Princess.”

Now that the introductions were finished, Thorin led everyone inside to have a nice meal in his chambers, and they could explain to dis everything else that had happened. They only hoped that she wouldn't strangle him and the boys once she learned that they had died.

SORRY, IT WAS SO SHORT, BUT I WANT TO LEAVE THE EXPLANATION FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.