Chapter 7 The Journey Begins

The next morning Kagome was up before the dawn, stupid Inuyasha. Because of him, she could no longer sleep any later than just before sunrise. She crept quietly from her room to see that all of the Dwarves were still asleep. She decided to make breakfast for the lot of them and went to the kitchen to begin breakfast. After a while the smell of food had the Dwarves trickling into the kitchen. The first to arrive were the blonde she pushed off the table and a brunette. They sat down at the table. Kagome places two plates full of food in front of each of the two attractive young men. They both looked at her and gave their thanks.

"Sorry I shoved you off the table last night, but that was no way to be acting," Kagome said to the blonde.

He took a drink of his tea then answered. "That's alright, my lady. You were completely in the right, our mother would have killed me had she seen the way I was behaving. By the way, we haven't been formally introduced. My name is Fili and this is my younger brother Kili, at your service."

At the mention of his name, Kili looked up from his food only to smile having his mouth full of food. Kagome laughed. He looked like a hamster with all that food puffing his cheeks out.

"I'm Kagome Higurashi, but you can just call me Kagome." Both men inclined their head and answered at the same time.

"It's nice to meet you Kagome." 

She gave them a devastating smile and bowed. "Nice to meet you too." And she continued to cook.

Kagome continued to make breakfast and chat with Fili and Kili. "So you're coming with us on this quest?" Kili asked between mouthfuls of food.

Kagome laughed, for some reason, Kili, reminds her of her little brother Souta. "Yes, I'll be going, if of course, your leader allows me."

Fili and Kili look at each other and smile. "Uncle said last night  that you could go, so I guess you're all set."

Kagome frowned a bit. "Oh, so you're related to what's his name." Kagome puts a finger to her lip to think. She snaps her fingers. "Oh right, Thorin Oaken- whatever."

The boys look at each other and burst out laughing. "Oakenshield," Kili says between gasps. Their laughing is so contagious that soon Kagome is laughing along with them.

Their laughing dies down as the other Dwarves begin to make their way into the Kitchen. "What's so funny?" Nori asks as he enters but the other just wave him off.

"Nothing Nori, you had to be here," Fili says still chuckling.

Kagome comes and sets a plate in front of Nori. "Thank you, lass." Kagome smiles at him.

"And thank you for putting back everything you stole last night. But be sure to put back that container of tobacco you have in your pocket before we leave please."

Nori and the others were dumbstruck. "How did you know that?" Nori asks as he puts the tobacco on the table.

"I can see it in your aura. You're not a bad Dwarf, you just have some sticky fingers that sometimes gets you in trouble." Kagome says.

As they are talking more Dwarves are drifting in, she served them as well until Bombur came into the kitchen.

"I'll take over from here lass you sit yourself down and eat something." Bombur handed Kagome a plate, she thanked him, then went and sat between Fili and Kili who had made room.

Once she sat down the conversation continued. "Like I said I can see your aura. I'm a priestess you see and as a priestess, I have spiritual powers that give me the ability to see and feel the auras of other people. Whether they are good or evil people."