Chapter 11 Ramen Noodles, Trolls And Wargs

The rain had finally let up and all the Dwarves gratefully returned the umbrellas. Kagome reluctantly left Thorin's side and returned to her place at the back of the line with Fili and Kili hoping that they wouldn't start making fun of her for sharing an umbrella with their Uncle. But they were enjoying the sunshine too much to care. Kagome gladly accepted all the umbrellas back.

Thorin called for a stop in order to have lunch on such a nice day after such a dreary morning. Immediately Kagome set her pack down and started to go through it. A wonderful idea had occurred to her. She ran up to Bombur. "Don't bother with lunch, Bombur. I have a special treat, just boil plenty of water!" She said with a giggle and ran back to her pack.

Thorin watched her with an amused look in his eyes. *Now what is that girl up to* He mused.

Once again his heart skipped a beat. He really needed Kagome to look at it. Oin found nothing wrong, maybe Kagome would. Kagome took out several boxes of Ramen Noodles cups and set them aside. She figured that each Dwarf would at least eat three. Gandalf and Bilbo would eat two and she would eat one. She had enough and still had plenty left over for an emergency.

The Dwarves were lazing around when they saw the steam rising from the pot but no smell of anything cooking. Dwalin was the first to get to his feet. "What is this Bombur? Boiling water with nothing in it, where's the meat?!" He asked in a gruff tone.

Bombur held up his hand, "Just hold on, the lass said she has a treat for us, but it takes boiling water."

Just then Kagome showed up with several boxes of that had Ramen noodle in them. All the Dwarves eyed her suspiciously.

"What is that?" Gloin asked.

"Lunch" Kagome beamed at the Dwarves happily, "It's quick easy and all you do is add water let it steep for a while and voila it's ready. Trust me you'll love it. Inuyasha couldn't get enough of these things."

Oh well if her friend from 500 years ago liked them they couldn't be that bad. The Dwarves decided to try it.

With Bombur's help, she was able to add water and let steep one cup for each Dwarf, Gandalf, and Bilbo. She decided to start off with one each and if they liked it and want more she'd make more. Once they were ready she handed one out to each Dwarf with a fork. Now was not the time to show them how to use chopsticks.

"Here you go, guys, this should warm you up but be careful it's hot."

Kagome personally took a cup to Thorin who was, as usual, sitting apart from everyone else, "Here you go, Thorin, this should chase away the chill from this morning." She said handing him the cup of Ramen.

He looked up at her and gave her a half smile, taking the cup from her. As she was going to walk away from him he quietly called her. "Kagome."

She whirled around, "Y-Yes Thorin?" She stuttered.

"Thank you for bringing this to me."

She beamed at him, "You're welcome, Thorin, I hope you enjoy it."

Thorin cleared his throat. "I would ask a favor of you, though. After we eat I would ask that you examine me I have a pain in my chest. Oin says he can not find anything but I would like a second opinion."

She was taken aback but agreed. "Sure after lunch."

Kagome went back to the other took her cup of Ramen, took a forkful and began to slurp it up. Everyone watched her intently.

"What?" She asked between mouthfuls.

"Is that the way you eat it?" Asked Bilbo.

"Oh yes just take a forkful, blow on it to cool it down a bit. And slurp it up, it's easy."