Chapter 6 Kagome's Argument and Agreement

Kagome went into the kitchen to calm herself down and to get this guy Thorin what's his name something to eat. 'Why do all the cute one have to be jerks!' she thought as she plated out food for Mr. High and Mighty.

She took a deep breath and headed back out into the dining room. Kagome walked to the head of the table where of course Thorin had placed himself and set the plate in front of him. Thorin looked up at Kagome, he gave her a sarcastic smile and inclined his head ever so slightly. She returned the sarcastic smile and sat down in the corner out of the way. Right now they were talking about a quest that was theirs and theirs alone.

Kagome was fading in and out something about portents and that the time was now, but what really caught her attention was when the Dwarves started arguing about how many dragons Gandalf had killed.

"What about a dragon?" Kagome said walking up to Bilbo who was now rocking back and forth with a nervous look on his face.

"They want to know how many dragons Gandalf has killed…You wouldn't by any chance have killed dragons before have you?" whispered Bilbo.

"Pfft, oh sure my friends and I have killed lots of dragons before!" Kagome said in a confident tone.

The room was suddenly as silent as the grave. Bilbo and Kagome turned around to see 14 pair of eyes staring at them. One pair of blue eyes very intently. "What did you say, girl?" Thorin said in a harsh tone.

Kagome narrowed her eyes at him. "My name is not "girl." It's Kagome, KA-GO-ME and if you want a response from me whatever your name is you better learn to use it."

Thorin glared at Kagome and began to walk towards her. "Listen you little…"

But Balin cut him off before he could say something he might regret later. "Ah… I don't think proper introductions were made between the two of you. Thorin, allow me to introduce our lovely hostess Kagome."

Kagome crossed her arms and gave Thorin a curt nod then looked away. Balin rolled his eyes and sighed.

"And Kagome this is the leader of our Company Thorin Oakenshield." Thorin barely even nodded. "Now Kagome what did you say about killing dragons?" Balin asked in a sweet voice.

Kagome smiled walked passed Thorin, not before giving him a slight shove, and sat down next to Balin. "I was telling Bilbo that where I am from we used to kill dragons quite frequently."

The Dwarves started mumbling their approval when Thorin slammed his hand on the table. "That's a lie! There are no more dragons in this day and age except for Smaug and he is still very much alive!" He bellowed.

Kagome got up and slammed her hand on the table as well and yelled back. "AND WHO SAID IT WAS IN THIS WORLD, YOU JERK!"

The Dwarves gave each other confused looks. What was that suppose to mean? Gandalf thought that now would be an appropriate time for him to intervene. "You see, Thorin, Kagome is a priestess from another world and has traveled here seeking adventure," Gandalf added for good measure. Kagome stared at the old Wizard but decided not to contradict him.

Thorin looked between Gandalf and Kagome. "So gi… Kagome you say you fought and defeated dragons in your world before? With what, your cooking skills?"

Kagome was about ready to leap over the table and choke the life out of this Dwarf, but of course, decided against that. Instead, she decided to get on his nerves. "Why thank you, Thorin, for the compliment on my cooking," She said in the sweetest voice she could, "But no with my bow and spiritual powers and the help of my friends of course." 

Thorin scoffed, "I doubt you have any more skill with a bow than Master Baggins here has with a sword."

"THAT'S IT!" Kagome leaped over the table tackled Thorin and zapped him unconscious.