Chapter 25 After The Fire.

The survivors of the attack make to shore, Kagome can hear people screaming for their loved ones. In other areas people are wailing as their loved ones die in their arms. Kagome is trying to help as many as she can, but the Dwarves tell her that they need to leave.

"We at least need to help the children look for Bard."

As the children scream for their father, Kagome stands up on a hill and looks around, she suddenly shouts down to Sigrid.

"Sigrid there," Kagome points, "Your dad!"

Sigrid, Bain and Tilda follow where Kagome is pointing and they see Bard walking towards them.

"Da!" They scream and rush towards him, nearly tackling him to the ground.

"My darlins' you're safe!" Bard exclaims, he hugs them all tightly and kisses each one.

Bard then lets go of them and walks over to Kagome, He smiles down at her. Taking her hand he pulls her into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you for keeping my children safe, " Bard says as he hands her back her bow.

"And thank you for the use of the bow, I could not have killed Smaug without it. It must be a magical bow of some sort."

"You're welcome Bard. And yes it is magical, this is a sacred bow, it never misses. I had to put a little of my spiritual powers into it so it would work for you, I'm glad my idea worked."

"Like a charm," he says.

While Kagome and Bard are talking Kili is having a heart to heart with Tauriel. He confesses that he loves her and that he wants her to go with them to the mountain. Just as she is about to accept, Legolas shows up and orders her to go with him so that they can follow Bolg and the other Orcs. Tauriel sighs but she does as Legolas commands.

"You don't have to go with him, you know." Kagome says to Tauriel as she walks up to her.

"I do, he is my prince."

"He's a jerk." Kagome says.

"He needs my help," She turns to Kili, "But I will return to you, Kili, I promise."

With that she bend down and gives him a swift kiss on the lips, "Le ni meleth." (I love you.)

Legolas' eyes widen at what she has just told the Dwarf, but says nothing, while Kili stands there stunned from the kiss. Kagome nudges him so he'll speak.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

Tauriel smiles at him and pecks him on the cheek, "I will tell you later."

"Okay tell him later, we have to go, say goodbye, Kili." Kagome says as she grabs Kili by the arm and starts pulling towards the boat.

"Goodbye, My Love!" Kili yells as he get into the boat and they row away.

It takes them a while to reach the other side of the lake, and a few more hours to reach the main gate, It's almost dark by the time they reach the main gate.

"We made it." Bofur says.

But the minute they step inside, Kagome knows there is something wrong.

I KNOW THIS IS A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I PROMISE I WILL MAKE IT UP WITH THE NEXT ONE.