25. Out of the Window

Harley's P.O.V

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

The Joker turned around hastily, shoulders dropped, the intertwining of his fingers ceased, the frown turned into a sickly grin.

"Now Harls - don't be a mood, you little prude." He laughed at his own rhyme then hooked a gangly arm around my waist "Kittens will be fine - it wears off after - " he counted to nine on his pale fingers " - nine days, months, hours?"
My mouth made a little 'O' shape before I stammered "What? You said you wouldn't hurt them!"
The dark circles under his eyes made the emerald orbs stand out, his figure towered over me as his voice throbbed "Listen, missy! I don't care what you do, you don't give me orders and I certainly won't listen to you!" He pulled on my wrist, it pained "I don't care if your little gal pals get scratched, or your wretched bird friend - Harley don't lie to me, girl."

I frantically pulled my wrist away, backing up fearfully. This was going in the direction of full-on shouting match or - you know, I could put on the puppy eyes and suck up to him. But - what about Sel and Ivy? I can't let get hurt, not more than what they already are...
"NO! I don't care what you do to bats and his birds - " Well...maybe just a little bit "- just leave Ivy and Selina out of it - I gave you what you wanted, big mistake!" I added before holding my tongue, dammit!
"I mean - not a mistake, not yours - I mean - "
"No, Harley - you're right, the mistake was mine - for using you!" He slapped me across the face the continued "You're hopeless, pathetic - maybe I will use one of your friends instead? Hm?"
I roughly shoved him "No, I love you - you can't!"
I do love him, don't I? We're meant to be together, it's love, him and I. What else do I have?
"You don't love anyone, Harley! Stupid girl!" He snickered as I clawed for his coat.
"I do, I do - we can be - "
Together, forever...
" - pathetic girl..."

It was his turn to shove me - out of a window! I tumbled back, falling through the bars of the window. Screaming, I landed on something hard, it wasn't the ground, I don't remember it being that much of a drop anyway...
Ugh, I reached for my back, usually I can tell when it's broken. I don't - no - it's not, whatever I landed on was smooth but hard. I sat up, my hair scattered over my face as I parted it's curtains, looking at a very fierce plant before me.
Oh.
Dammit.
"Harley!" She pulled me off the roof of the Batmobile, huh, smooth and chrome.
"Ivy - wait - I can explain." I panted before she slapped me - ow, twice already!
"Ivy - listen!"
I attempted to duck as she screeched "Listen? Harley do you know what you've done?" She grabbed the front of my corset "you bimbo!" Her fist flew to my head as I somersaulted sideways, my arm gave way half way through as Ivy seemed to be summoning the plant world.

As the roots and vines creaked out the concrete, knocking crates and rubble out the way, a dark vine slithered it's way around my wrist, I grabbed it, obviously that was the wrong thing to do as I tangled with my other hand. Now, attached to vines at Ivy's mercy - a time which happened to have a seemingly brainwashed Catwoman step out the shadows and hiss at me, before leaping on top of the Batmobile. Then perceiving to lick her fingers, ew.
I made a kick for Ivy's stomach as she towered over me, she doubled over - she was never the strong sort.
My blade, my blade - where was my blade?
The cracking sound in the pocket gave my the answer, my dagger had torn through my costume and left a little gap in my pretty diamond pattern. Oh well.

I lashed the knife on the plants, it's always a good idea to bring weed killer to a fight. Selina leaped from the roof and I expected to be pummelled to hell.
She cut the vines with her nails as if it were a game. She hissed playfully every time the vine broke and reunited with its other half - due to Ivy's magic.
Ivy had sprung back into action, deflecting my knife and then attempting a blow-by-blow sequence, then again, she wasn't good at close up combat.
As I stood up wobbly, I dodged all Ivy's next moves and stamped on her foot.
"Ivy!" I shouted in her face so she would listen.
"What? What do you want you little termite?" She glared at her as I crossed my arms.
"I have been called worse - " I grabbed her face " - look."
I turned her face to look at Catwoman, who was hissing at mice, she was one all fours and subtlety meowed every now and then.
"She ain't hurt," I said "she's a cat."
Ivy's face scrunched up "What?"
"She's actually a cat," I nodded "it's a joke, a gag, a prank.
She isn't mind controlled, it's what Joker does when he's bored."
"Well, he won't be bored for much longer." Ivy turned to walk back in the building. I grabbed her arm "Shouldn't you be taking her somewhere." I gestured to Selina.
Ivy pouted like a child "Fine - why do they get to have all the fun."
"They?" I asked, disbelieved.
"You're coming too," she pulled me into the car as Selina hopped in too "you just fell out of a window,"
I examined myself - bruised, cut, battered, bleeding...
"Oh, right..." I shrugged "Partly your fault too,"
"Oh don't make me hurt you again."
She started to engine as I giggled.
"We ain't called Gotham Girls for nothin'."

SORRY ITS BEEN MONTHS.
ITS ALMOST A 1000 WORDS THOUGH.
Hey, check out my new book 'The fact book of feminism'

TT XoX