chapter two ~ the sapphire dragon

Jaenys had never been particularly close to her father, Laenor, but he tried his best. Rhaenyra would usually be upset with him, as he was never around much. As they walked the halls, Jaenys received smiles from the maids and knights.

They eventually found Alicent, and a knight called her name. "Your Grace, Princess Jaenys Velaryon, first of her name."

"Hello, My Queen. I come with Prince Joffrey." Jaenys bowed as best she could with Joffrey cradled in her arms.

"Hello, Jaenys. And, Laenor," Alicent smiled. "If you don't mind me asking, where is Rhaenyra?" 

"My mother is resting. So, I am here in her stead." Jaenys nodded.

Alicent nodded. "Here, why don't I take him, and you can go find your brothers, and my children."

Jaenys smiled. "Yes, Your Grace." She handed off the baby, and bowed before returning into the hallway. She spotted her brothers and her uncles walking towards her.

"If you weren't such a wimp, maybe you could actually land some hits." Aegon slapped Jacaerys's head.

"If you hit my brother again, I'll cut your hand off, Uncle." Jaenys glared at Aegon.

His eyes flashed. "Ooh, you frighten me, Princess."

"Come with me, Jaenys." Aemond gestured for her to follow, before things got too intense. She agreed, walked behind him. She watched, making sure nothing bad happened to her brothers before she left.

"I'm sorry about my brother..." Aemond looked at his niece.

She shook her head. "It's alright. Where are we headed, Uncle?"

"You will see, Princess. Would you take my hand?" Aemond held his hand out for Jaenys to take. She agreed, placing her satin-gloved hand in his bare hand. They began walking, and eventually made it outside. They arrived at the gardens.

"This is one of my favourite places to come and clear my head..." Aemond sat on the grass, gesturing for her to sit. So, she did. She fluffed her dress a little before sitting. 

Aemond stared at her. "What are you staring at me like that for?" Jaenys chuckled.

"Nothing... I'm sorry..." He quickly looked down at his hands.

"Don't be sorry, it's okay." She smiled at him.

~~~~~~~~

*Italics are High Valyrian*

Jaenys and her brothers were going to go for a fly together on their dragons. Jaenys had put on a pair of black pants, with a black jacket with dragon scales on the shoulders. She approached her blue dragon, Serenys. 

"Hello, sweetheart." She stroked the dragon's nose, and then climbed on her back. Once her brothers were on their dragons, they took to the sky. Serenys let out a roar, as she glided through the air. Jaenys steered her dragon, gliding down near the water. Her wing smoothly sliced through the water, like a knife slicing through butter. She let out another roar, causing Jaenys to laugh a little. 

As she flew higher, she spotted Aemond, watching his niece fly. Aemond didn't have a dragon, and was jealous of his siblings, and his niece and nephews. Jaenys flew over to Aemond.

"Here, take my hand," Jaenys flew close enough to the ledge for Aemond to grab her hand. She pulled him onto Serenys. "Hold on tight, Uncle," he held onto her waist, relatively tightly. "Fly, Serenys." Jaenys steered her dragon up into the sky, causing Aemond to yell a little, and cling to her tighter. Jaenys laughed. The dragon dove down, and Aemond screamed. This caused Jaenys to erupt into a fit of laughter. 

"Hey, it's not funny!" Aemond yelled.

"Come in, it's pretty funny," Jaenys giggled. Eventually, she landed Serenys, and stroked her neck. "Thank you for the ride, Serenys." 

"Thank you for the ride." Aemond brush his shoulder-length platinum hair back with his gloved fingers.

Jaenys smiled. "Anytime, my prince."