chapter eleven ~ the wedding

Jaenys was nervous. She sighed, as the maids tightened her white corset. She had chosen a gorgeous dress. It had a very long train, which was made of lace and silk, beautiful sleeves that flowed out behind her, and it was off-the-shoulder. The maids did her hair up in a half-up hairstyle, with white pins. 

"You look lovely, my daughter..." Rhaenyra smiled widely, hugging her daughter. 

"You really do..." Alicent smiled as well. They had reluctantly allowed Alicent to help her get ready, but Rhaenyra was not pleased.

Jaenys put on a fake smile. "Thank you... I think I'm ready." 

Alicent smiled, and clapped her hands together. "Right! Let us go." Rhaenyra took her daughter's arm. As she walked down the aisle, her head spun, and her ears were ringing. Everyone stood as she walked with her mother. Rhaenyra kissed her cheek, and she stood before Aemond, who was dressed in a beautiful suit.

"You look so beautiful." He whispered. She thanked him, and the ceremony began. It was a surreal blur for Jaenys. All she remembered was Aemond slipping a ring onto her finger, and her slipping one on his. 

"You may kiss your lady wife." They kissed, and everyone cheered.

~~~~~~~~

It was now time for the afterparty. Everyone was drinking, dancing, and chatting.

Daemon came up to Jaenys. "Care to dance? I know you miss your father, so it's the least I could do." He held out his hand.

"Thank you, Daemon." She smiled, taking her step-father's hand. Daemon had always been kind to his step-children, but he looked out for Jaenys the most. Perhaps it was because she was like Rhaenyra. 

They swayed. Rhaenyra smiled, watching them dance. Daemon twirled her.

"Thank you for dancing with me." Jaenys bowed.

"My pleasure, Princess." Daemon bowed in return, and went to find Rhaenyra.

Eventually, it was time for Aemond and Jaenys to waltz. Everyone cleared the floor, and they took their spots.

She placed her hand against her husband's, and they began the waltz.

"I cannot get over how stunning you are." Aemond smiled, pulling her to his chest.

She blushed. "You're too kind... You look amazing, too."

He twirled her. "Thank you, my dove."

Her white dress t flowed as they moved gracefully across the floor. Jaenys felt... happy. Truly happy. Though, she sensed tension. Between her husband, and her brothers. When the dance ended, Aemond placed a sweet kiss against her neck, causing her to giggle.

Jaenys smiled widely upon seeing Jacaerys dancing with Baela, and Lucerys dancing with Rhaena.

Suddenly, peace and happiness was broken. Rhaenyra looked angry, as did Alicent and Daemon.

"Children," Rhaenyra tried to calm her voice. "We are leaving." Rhaenyra took Jaenys's hand, and gestured for her brothers to follow.

Aemond looked confused.

"Mother, what has happened?" Jaenys asked once they were in the halls.

"Alicent. She was pissed about what happened the other night at dinner, and was talking to me about it, and we fought. We're returning to Dragonstone tonight."

Jaenys's eyes widened. "But... what about Aemond? I am just married."

"You will see him again, I promise." Rhaenyra pulled her daughter in for a hug.

As Jaenys packed, and put on her flying attire, a knock was heard. "Come in."

It was Aemond. "I don't want you to go."

She walked to him, tears threatening to fall. "Neither do I... but we'll meet again soon."

She hugged him, and kissed his cheek. "Don't go, my beloved... you can stay here, with me."

Jaenys shook her head. "I can't... I'm sorry." Her voice was weak.

"Please, Jaenys..."