chapter fifteen ~ what have you done?

Jaenys was standing next to her brother, guards on either side. Her eyes fell upon the tall man, with platinum hair. Her husband. But, what was he doing here? 

"Lord Baratheon," Jaenys spoke. "We have come in our mother, The Queen's, stead, to bring you a message."

Borros just laughed. "House Targaryen better get their story straight, is it a king or a queen?"

"Queen." Lucerys had a tense expression.

One of the guards came to Jaenys's side, and she flicked the scroll up with her index and middle finger. Lord Baratheon had someone read the scroll to him.

"You wish for our aid?" 

She nodded. "That is so."

"What have you to offer? Does the prince wish to marry one of my daughters?"

"I am betrothed." Lucerys kept his expression firm.

Lord Baratheon scoffed. "Well, Prince Aemond offered to let his son, who is not yet born, marry one of them one day."

Jaenys snapped her head towards her husband. "Well, I have a say in this offer, too. I am carrying his son."

"It matters not. Still, you come with empty hands. Please, see Princess Jaenys and Prince Lucerys to their dragons."

"I shall take your answer to the queen, My Lord." Lucerys and Jaenys turned, Aemond catching her eye once more.

"Wait," Aemond voice sounded. The siblings turned to him. "Did you really think you could just fly about the realm, stealing my brother's throne, at no cost?" he was directing his voice to Lucerys. 

"I will not fight you." Lucerys glared, and Jaenys had her hand on her axe, just in case. "We came as messengers, not warriors."

"Fighting you would be little challenge... No," he pulled his eyepatch off, revealing the gleaming sapphire in replace for his eye. "I want you to take out your eye. As payment for mine."

"Aemond, stop... that was when we were young." Jaenys warned. He payed no mind to his wife.

Aemond chucked his dagger towards Lucerys. "One shall suffice. I will not blind you."

Lucerys stared at the dagger, that reflected the moonlight.

"I shall take it, as a gift to my mother."

"No." Lucerys stared at Aemond.

"Give me your eye, or I will take it, bastard!" Aemond ran at Lucerys, and Jaenys drew her axe. She would hate to fight her husband, but she would defend her brothers until her last breath.

"Not in my hall!" Borros shouted.

The siblings were escorted out of the hall, and to their dragons.

"Come on, we must hurry." Jaenys said, after they had mounted their dragons. Serenys took to the skies, Arrax following after. As they flew through the gray sky, a large shadow appeared. Vhagar appeared, Aemond on top of her.

Jaenys's eyes widened. "Aemond, stop! This is madness."

"I'm sorry, my love. I am doing what must be done." Aemond looked at her. 

"Faster, Serenys." Serenys sped up. Arrax blew fire at Vhagar, without Lucerys's command. Jaenys cringed. Both Serenys and Arrax disappeared in between a crack in the rocks. Vhagar was too large, and Aemond was frustrated. She heard her husband shouting to Lucerys in High Valyrian. The siblings were out of the storm. They were both drenched.

"Are we in the clear?" Lucerys asked, his voice shaky.

Jaenys nodded. "We might be."

Suddenly, Vhagar appeared, and her teeth came crashing down on Arrax and Lucerys. 

"No, Vhagar!" Aemond yelled.

Jaenys watched in shock, as her brother and his torn-up dragon fell down to the ground. Her eyes welled, and she swore her heart stopped for a moment. The tears fell, and she glared at her husband.

"What have you done?!" Jaenys's voice was broken, and Aemond's heart shattered.

"My love, I-"

"What... have you done?!" Jaenys spat, green eyes burning with fury. The grip she had on the saddle was so tight, her knuckles were going white. "Fly, Serenys."

Aemond watched his wife fly away. "What have I done..."

quick a/n

first of all, thank you so much for all the support on this book! second, i don't know how the war ends, so i'm going to make it up. and third, jaenys will not stay mad at aemond, so don't worry! thank you for supporting this book! <3