chapter seventeen ~ apologies

Rhaenyra was growing closer to declaring war on Alicent every day. She was angry at her, and her children. Jaenys knew that the war against their family was closer than anyone may have anticipated.

At the latest council, Rhaenyra had discussed her plans.

"I am fed up with her... she sent her child to Lord Baratheon on purpose... and he killed my son!" Rhaenyra had broken down during the council. "I will take down her son. A son for a son. It seems perfectly fair."

Jaenys suppressed a gasp. She knew exactly what her mother was referring to. Alicent wanted to take out Lucerys's eye in place for Aemond's. Now, Rhaenyra wished to do the same. Only more vulgar. Jaenys still had yet to forgive her husband. Though, she certainly did not wish to kill him.

She understood her mother's fury. She felt it, too. She would stand with her mother through it all, even if it meant facing her husband.

"Council dismissed." Daemon wrapped his arm around his wife's shoulders, guiding her out of the room. Jaenys sighed. She made her way down the hall, and to her chambers.

"Uhm, Princess, a letter has arrived for you." One of the maids handed her an envelope.

Jaenys smiled. "You have my thanks." She tore the paper a little as she walked. In the envelope, was a letter from her husband. Her face fell a little.

My Beautiful Wife,

I can imagine you have suffered much regarding what happened to your brother. As I stated  previously, words aren't enough to describe how truly sorry I am for the death of Lucerys.

The reason I send this is to ask you to meet me, just outside of Dragonstone. Where we met those months ago when you first told me you were with child. Meet me in two days time.

I look forward to seeing you.

Much love,

Aemond.

Jaenys sat on the edge of her bed. She bit her lip. She did still love her husband, and she wondered whether or not she should forgive him. She stood, moving herself to her desk, and penned a letter back.

Dearest Aemond,

I shall meet you in two days time. It has been hard without Lucerys, but it has also been hard without you. I have missed you.

Your wife,

Jaenys.

Her lips pulled up into a smile as she sealed the letter and sent it away. She put her hand on her stomach, that was growing larger. She smiled, knowing her son would be here soon.

~~~~~~~~

Jaenys landed Serenys, and awaited the arrival of her husband. Eventually, he landed Vhagar. As soon as he got off, he ran, embracing his wife.

"My love, it has been far too long..." Aemond kissed all over his wife's face.

Jaenys looked at him, still not knowing if she fully trusted this man.

"I have missed you, Aemond." He smiled, placing a gentle hand on her stomach.

"I missed you, too. I want to tell you how truly sorry I am... I really did not mean for Vhagar to do what she did... I am deeply sorry..." Aemond's violet eye was full of desperation.

Jaenys's face tightened as she stared into her lover's eye. "I do not know whether I can forgive you just yet. Though, I appreciate your kind words. I must be returning home soon."

"Your words bring me comfort, Jaenys." Aemond smiled, and leaned down to press his lips against Jaenys's. She kissed back, giving into that feeling she had so desperately needed.

"I still do love you, Aemond." Jaenys whispered.

A/N

i'm very sorry for the lack of updates, i've been busy with school and haven't had a lot of motivation! i'll try to get out more chapters soon!