chapter fourteen ~ bittersweet reunion

Jaenys landed Serenys, a little ways away from Dragonstone. The hour was late, and she was dressed in her sleepwear. 

She had received a response from Aemond, and the letter read,

My Beautiful Jaenys,

This is wonderful news. I wish to meet with you, tomorrow, when the hour is late. I miss you, and I cannot wait to see you again.

Much love, 

Aemond

It was short, but it got the point across. It didn't take to long for her to spot the large dragon flying through the air. Aemond landed Vhagar, immediately embracing his wife in a hug.

"I've missed you..." Jaenys buried her face in Aemond's chest.

"So have I, my dear." He gently pressed his lips to her forehead. He pulled back, just enough to put his hand against her stomach, that was growing their child.

She smiled. "Are you happy?"

He nodded, smiling as well. "I am... I could not be happier." He connected his lips against hers.

"My Darling, we cannot stay out here for much longer... everyone will wonder where we are." Jaenys ran her hand gently up his chest.

"I know... but, I have a request, and a question. First, do we know the gender?" Aemond asked.

"The midwives believe it to be a boy."

He nodded. "That is wonderful. Now, I ask that you come back with me, join our side, fight for my family."

She looked up at him, sadness and disbelief in her green eyes. "I... I would, but I cannot betray my mother like that. It would not be fair."

He nodded. "I completely understand, my wife. We shall meet again, I am sure."

She kissed him one last time. "I will see you soon."

~~~~~~~~

"Well, then we must convince the lords we know to support us." Rhaenyra spoke at the latest council.

"We can go, Mother. Jace, Luke, and I." Jaenys smiled.

Rhaenyra thought. "That could work. Jacaerys, you will go to House Stark, and try and persuade them. Jaenys and Lucerys, you will go to House Baratheon."

They all nodded.

After the council, Jaenys was pulled aside by Rhaenyra.

"Please... be careful, don't strain yourself too much. I need you and Lucerys to both be careful." Rhaenyra cupped her daughter's face in her hand.

Jaenys placed her hand over her mother's. "I will... I promise I won't overdo it."

"That's good... I couldn't bear to lose you." She hugged her daughter, for a long time.

~~~~~~~~

Jaenys was putting on her flying attire. She securely attached her axe to her hip, and her bow on her back. She had put her hair up into a gorgeous dutch braid, that flowed down to her waist. Her cape flowed as she went to meet her mother and brothers.

Rhaenyra stood in front of her eldest children. "Now... I need you to be careful. Don't start a fight, you are only there as messengers." She hand Jacaerys and Jaenys the scrolls.

"We will be careful, Mother." Jaenys gave a reassuring nod. Her brothers nodded their agreement.

"Okay... good," she pressed a firm kiss to each of their foreheads. "Well, I suppose you should head off, then."

And, they were in the sky. 

"Okay, Jace, be careful, see you back at home." Jaenys smiled.

"You two be careful, as well." Jacaerys turned right, and they continued straight.

Lucerys looked at her sister. "What if we mess up?"

"Don't get yourself wrapped up in what-ifs, alright?" Jaenys raised an eyebrow at her brother.

"Okay..."

Lucerys landed Arrax, and Jaenys landed Serenys just outside the gates. The guards were on edge upon seeing them. Jaenys flashed them a look, and they recognized the princess and prince. Jaenys and Lucerys exchanged a nod, and were led inside. Jaenys briefly looked back, noticing a larger dragon. 

Was that Vhagar? She couldn't tell due to the fog, and the impending storm. But, who she saw gave her the answer she needed.