'YOURE NAMES ASHTRAY?'

Summer was over, and today was the first day back to school. lianis body was aching from the last couple days, as her friends had been over and she had been constantly doing things. she woke up late, and took awhile getting ready as she was tired and could barely keep her eyes open. but once she was finally finished, she put her phone in the back pocket of her baggy jeans, and walked out of her door.

she was aware of the fact juliet had already left for school, she missed her call and texts when she was asking if she needed to be picked up, so she would be walking alone.

the day was warm and bright, liani enjoyed the sun and the feeling of the wind, watching the trees next to her blow back and forth.

even though she would be late, and by the time she would make it to school it would be third hour, she couldn't miss the entire first day of sophomore year.

once she arrived to school, she nodded her head at the few people who stood outside, staring at her as she pushed open the school doors and walked inside. she sighed as she saw how many filled the halls, she had hoped she made it when everyone was in class, but she didn't. she walked further in school, keeping her head straight and ignoring the people who turned to look at her. finally, a smile came to her face when she felt someone grab the back of her backpack, pulling her back before their familiar voice was heard.

"why the fuck was you so late?" juliet asked her.

liani turned, "i woke up late."

juliet nodded, understanding that she also had to have walked to here, unless she got a ride from someone. the two walked together, comparing their classes and finding out they had the next one together.

the school day ended with liani and her friends together, all talking about how their day went and how they felt the year was going to go

the school day ended with liani and her friends together, all talking about how their day went and how they felt the year was going to go. they once again, piled into sams trucks, as he said he'd give the few that didn't have rides, a ride home. this time though, liani and juliet sat in the back of the truck, instead of in the very back, so their backs didn't hurt by having to lay down.

his radio was basically on full blast, as her and her friends sang along to the song. liani felt her mom vibrate repeatedly, before she finally picked it up and it red 'mom' in bright letters.

her eyebrows furrowed, and juliet, who had just looked at her screen because of her best friends confused face, reached forward to turn down the radio and told sam and their other friends to wait.

liani pressed answer, putting her phone up to her ear and looking out the window. "hello?"

there was a couple seconds of silence, before her mom finally spoke. "liani, where are you?"

liani tapped her fingers on her leg, "on my way home from school, where are you?"

liani heard her mom sigh, "can you pick me up something to drink somewhere? from one of your friends maybe?"

liani shook her head, "yeah, none of my friends of alcohol laying around."

juliet turned to back to liani, who was still turned towards the window, and began thinking of all the things her mom could be saying.

"just— please?" her moms voice shook.

liani bit her lip, "yeah, mom... whatever." she said barely above a whisper, hanging up and then thinking for a second.

she leaned forward, pointing to the store not too far from sams truck. "can you stop there? i can walk the rest of the way home."

sam glanced at her and the store, before shrugging. "sure."

when liani sat back, juliet asked, "you okay? i can go to your house so you don't have to walk home."

liani shook her head, "no, i'll be fine, but thanks, juli." she teased, poking her cheek.

juliet rolled her eyes, before nodding to let her know that she understood liani was going to walk home. sam parked in front of the corner store, and liani said goodbye to all her friends before hopping out of the truck, and waving to juliet as sam drove off. with a sigh, she walked into the store and greeted fezco with a smile.

"liani." he smiled back, as she nodded and walked closer to him.

"what are you doin here?" he asked, knowing it was possible she just came to her snacks, but it was also possible she came to talk to him.

she thought quickly, "uh.. getting another monster." she pointed towards the freezers doors, before going over to them and grabbing a green one and walking back over to him.

he scanned it, telling her the price and eyeing her. she handed him the money, and took the monster from his hand before sighing. "fez, will you do me a huge favor?"

he squinted his eyes, "depends."

she took a breath, "um.. do you have like vodka or something? it's for my mom, i swear. you're not going to make me have an id and all that, right?"

he stared for a second, before giving in. he hoped she was telling the truth, and he wasn't letting the girl by alcohol for herself. "nah, you good. just, you gotta go back there because i haven't put any out yet, my bro gotchu though."

she smiled, "thank you!" and walked over to the freezer door, opening it with one hand as her green monster was still in the other.

the buzz cut boy she had seen when she met fezco came into her view, and she almost smiled, knowing that she was right, and he had been back here. his head raised at the sound of her footsteps, and he quickly furrowed his eyebrows, "yo? whatchu need?"

she turned on her heels, looking at the boxes stacked up around. "uh, vodka or something, fez said it would be back here."

his eyebrows raised, but he slowly stood, grabbing a box and handing her a bottle of smirnoff vodka. she nodded at him, taking it with a smile. "thanks."

he returned the nod, going back to sit in the seat he was previously sitting in, and watching her start to walk away, before she slowly turned back around. "what's your name?" she asked him.

he hesitated, his eyebrows lightly furrowed. "ashtray."

her mouth parted, "your name is ashtray?"

he rolled his eyes, "why you need to know my name?"

she shrugged, "i'm just curious. my names liani." she told him.

he nodded, leaning back in his chair. she felt like she wanted to talk to him more, but didn't, because she got nervous at his stare. "okay, well.. thanks." she repeated, and this time actually walked out of the freezers.

as she walked back up to the register to pay for the alcohol, fezco just put it in a bag. "it's on me, you good." he already felt bad, because if she was telling the truth and her mom had her go out and get her alcohol, it was fucked up.

she slowly nodded, taking the bag from him, before smiling. "thank you!"

he lightly smiled at her back, watching her walk out of his store before sighing.

liani walked back home at a half fast speed, already tired from school and her body hurting, she didn't want to walk any longer. she pushed open her front door that seemed to be always unlocked, and saw her mom sat out on the couch, a cigarette in her hand and the tv on.

she rolled her eyes at the sight, going over to her and handing her the vodka before going to her room, ignoring anything she was saying to her.

AUTHORS NOTES:

btw, liani is 15 and ashtray is 16. i'm going by javons age, and his heights gonna be 5'8 like jadens so he can be a little taller 😭😭

💋