REASON

Ashtray grabbed into the two boxes of red hair dye that sat on lianis bathroom. he opened the box, taking out the things inside and sitting them down before looking over at liani, who was brushing out her hair, before grabbing a shirt she didn't want anymore and put it over the one she already had on.

liani had decided to dye her hair red earlier that day. she asked fezcos to give her a ride to walmart, which he did, but ashtray didn't know about it since he had been napping. by the time he had woke up and went over to her house, she already had the dye and was planning on doing it herself, but ashtray asked if he could help and she let him.

liani told him to put the gloves on, that way he didn't stain his hands, before liani set down on the toilet seat and turned so he could start putting the dye on her hair.

ashtray shook the bottle, making a good amount of red hair dye go onto the glove, before he put brought his hand to liani hair and started putting it all throughout her hair, with her telling him to make sure he got it everywhere.

she heard him let out a loud groan, before he took a step back away from liani, making her side eyed him with a confused expression. "what?"

"these fucking gloves." he complained, setting the bottle of hair dye down before pulling off the gloves and picking it up again. liani had no time to tell him that was a bad idea, as she knew he'd just be more annoyed later on when his hands stained, so she just shook her head at him and let him do whatever.

finally finishing, liani tied up her hair so it wouldn't swing around and possibly stain things, and threw away all the trash before going into her room so the two could watch a show or movie while they waited to thirty five minutes.

when the time was up, they moved back to lianis bathroom, liani got down and leaned over the bathtub while ashtray grabbed the shower head and stood over her.

she squeezed her eyes shut as the warm water touched her head, trying to prevent the chemicals get in her eyes.

ashtray watched the red liquid run down the bathtub, as he used one of his hands to move lianis hair around so he could make sure to get all of it.

he leaned over to grab the shampoo like liani told him, putting a good amount in his hands, but due to also holding onto the shower head he ended up spraying lianis back and didn't notice until she shouted at him, "ashtray, you're spraying me!"

he moved back with a laugh, apologizing before putting the shampoo in her hand and putting it everywhere, it was easier for him after liani held the shower head for him while he put the soap in her hair.

after he had put the conditioner im her hair and washed it out, liani told him it was good and he backed up so she could get a towel and dry her hair. while she did that, ashtray sprayed his red stained hands, thinking it would come off easy.

liani stood up, the towel wrapped around her hair. she looked up at ashtray to see his eyebrows furrowed as he was still praying his hands, and she let out a snicker.

"nah, why this shit not coming off?" he asked her, showing her his hands.

"i told you it would stain, that's what the gloves are for." she shrugged, walking out of the bathroom as he let out a huff, turning off the water before slowly following behind her.

"so this ain't gon come off?" he asked.

"it will, eventually." she answered, taking off the dye stained shirt.

liani laid on top of ashtray on her bed, as they watched empire

liani laid on top of ashtray on her bed, as they watched empire. the two had just had a childish argument over the fact liani found hakeem attractive, and ashtray got annoyed and said he thought tiana was as well, which didn't help the situation, but after a few minutes they just dropped it and now were fine.

ashtray played with lianis now red hair as he listened to her mumble things about how much of a bitch anika is, which made him laugh. he found how much she hated the girl funny.

he reached over her to grab the kettle corn popcorn bag that was on the side of liani, glancing at her arm that was wrapped around his torso. he saw a mark there, and after setting down the popcorn, he gently grabbed it, turning her arm a little he realized it was a tattoo. he had never saw it before, which was surprising due to how much they would lay next to each other and her arms were always next to him.

his finger traced over the tattoo as he looked at it, but paused and looked down at the side of her face once he realized what the tattoo could mean. it was a semi colon with small butterfly wings next to it. he decided not to just ask her why she got the tattoo, but ask about the tattoo.

"when did you get a tattoo?" he spoke.

she looked down at his hand, "like last year."

he nodded, "my old friend did it." she told him and he just listened as he waited to see if she'd tell him why she got the tattoo herself.

liani wondered if he knew what it meant, but guessed he did by the way he glanced at her. "it's just something i can look at when i think about that time of my life." she simply told him.

around the time liani got the tattoo, her mom was bringing men over left and right, basically anytime she was home, people were calling liani a druggie and whore, she was drinking way more than she does now, along with the drugs she had decided to try, and she was in a terrible mental state, along with all of that came very negative thoughts. she promised herself she would never leave juliet, as she knew how much juliet cared and loved her. so, when lianis old friend asked if she wanted a tattoo when she was high, she got a semi colon. she thought she could look at it, and think about juliet, her best friend would kept her stable eighty nine percent of the time. the butterfly wings were because juliet reminded her of a butterfly.

ashtray nodded, "okay." he simply spoke, rubbing her arm gently and getting more comfortable, grabbing a hand full of popcorn and shoving some in his mouth.

AUTHORS NOTES:

who wants to play imessage games with me 🙏