'WHATS YOUR NUMBER?'

Liani and juliet sat awkwardly at a lunch table next to maddy, kat, cassie and bb. Liani listened to cassie talk about how mckay invited her somewhere for the whole weekend, and maddy was telling her they were going to have good sex.

liani was only invited to sit with them after she greeted maddy in the hallway, and then they started talking about what they've been up to, and finally, liani agreed to sit with them, as long as juliet would be right next to her.

liani turned to kat when she raised her head up from her phone, looking at everyone. she looked like she wanted to say something, but they continued their conversation about cassie and mckay, and she went on her phone again.

"do any of you guys know how bitcoin works?" kat asked.

they all turned to her, except for liani who had already been looking. "hmmm.. no." they said in sync.

"but you know who probably does?" maddy leaned forward.

"who?" kat looked at her confused.

"ashtray, fezcos little brother." maddy nodded.

liani turned to her, her eyebrows raised a little. as maddy told kat where fezcos store was, kat asked if anyone of them would go with her, and she slowly nodded. "i will."

kat turned to her with a smile, "thanks."

"it's a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system

"it's a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system."

liani whipped her head around to ashtray, his big words confused her. and she wasn't the only one, "i literally have no idea what you're talking about." kat told him.

"well, there's no easier way to explain it." ashtray shrugged.

"look, why don't you just tell us what you're trying to do, and we can tell you how we can help." fezco joined in the conversation.

"um.." kat began, but ashtray quickly spoke up, "unless it's human trafficking. i don't fuck with human trafficking."

liani laughed, "what?"

"i'm not.. human trafficking." kat shook her head.

"yeah, us either." fezco told her.

"thanks for letting us know, fez." liani patted his shoulder.

"okay. um, i was just wondering if it's like.. a good way to anonymously get money online." kat spoke.

"that's literally what it's made for." ashtray scoffed, before mumbling 'dumb ass."

"cool." kat smiled to herself, and liani watched her as her face scrunched in confusion.

her mind flooded with the millions of things kat could be doing, but she wouldn't ask her because it wasn't her business.

"ya know, i'm surprised you know what all them big words mean." liani stepped closer to ashtray.

"fuck is that supposed to mean?" he asked her, squinting his eyes.

she snickered, "well.. i mean, you don't go to school, so."

he glanced over to fezco, who just shrugged. "you go to school and you don't know what they mean."

she nodded, "fair point."

she turned to kat, beginning to tell her she was ready to leave, but saw that kat had already left. she rolled her eyes, before turning back to fezco. "hey, sorry about that the other day.. i didn't know that's what rue was going for."

fezco shrugged her off, "don't worry bout it, kid. it was rues stubborn ass."

she nodded, turning on her heels. she didn't want to go home and be bored, alone in her quiet house. and she was next to ashtray who she hadnt met that long ago, it gave her an excuse to talk to him.

"so, ashtray, we were talking about school earlier, what do you do other than.. well, deal?" she asked, leaning against the wall next to him.

"why you wanna know?" he asked.

"because i'm bored, and i don't want to go home yet." she answered honestly.

he leaned his head back on the wall, but didn't remove his eyes on the girl next to him that was still standing. "okay." it was a simple answer, but he was telling her he would talk to her.

there was a pause between the two before he spoke again, "nah, ion do anything really."

she stuck out her bottom lip, thinking of what to say next. "you don't go to partys, do you?"

he shook his head, "nah."

"go to some, you can maybe friends there or i don't know, just do something." she suggested.

"i don't like the sound ass music and all the people." he told her.

"so you've been to one before?" she asked.

he nodded, "yeah, and i don't fuck with them."

she shrugged, everyone had their own opinions. she didn't know what more to say, she wasn't going to ask to literally get to know him, she felt weird.

"what's your number?" she asked.

she figured they could text, and eventually she'd ask more about him later on.

he furrowed his eyebrows, "why? you got a lil' crush on me?"

she rolled her eyes, "don't hype yourself up, i'm being friendly."

he snickered, before taking her phone from her hands as she held it out to him, and put his contact as 'ash.'

she looked down at her phone as he handed it back to her, and gave him a small nod before pushing up down the wall. "okay, well, i'm gonna go. bye, fez!" she waved at him, before waving at ashtray as well and walking off and in the direction of her house.

on the way home, she pulled out her phone and sent ashtray a text, letting him know it was her. and right after, she sent him a game of cup pong.

she was surprised at how fast he had answered her, but she smiled to herself as they began sending cup pong back and forth, and when he won she texted, 'fuck you.' with him replying telling her that she was ass at the game.

in response, she sent eight ball, and the game began.

AUTHORS NOTES:

and it's starting