SECRET CRUSH

lianis face turned into a mug as she read her messages from ashtray, shaking her head, she replied.

                                         ash 🤌
ash 🤌
why you ain't text me when nate talked to you ?
and why you tellin fezco before me

lani
bc you weren't in the car.... & bc i went with juliet right after, i forgot

ash 🤌
forgot ?
nah you weird

lani
just because you're in a pissy mood doesn't mean you gotta take it out on me

ash 🤌
i ain't taking shit out on you

lani
you are

liani set her phone down with a sigh, not wanting to argue with him. she heard her phone go off again, and answered with a huff.

ash 🤌
ash 🤌
ight liani

liani
idk why you're mad at me when i didn't do shit 🤷‍♀️
i'm going with catalina so i'll call you later

ash 🤌
nah you ain't gotta call me

liani shook her head, turning her phone off, leaving him on read. she didn't like how childish he was acting, and wasn't going to continue to argue with him over nothing.

she walked down the stairs, glancing at the couch where her mom sat. "you're still here?"

her mom turned, ignoring her question, "where are you going?"

liani believed she didn't have to tell her mother anything, she went to say some comment about how she never cared before, but just headed for the door. "with my friends." she quickly told her.

liani jogged down to the car that was parked in her driveway, opening the door and sitting next to cat in the back. she smiled, greeting her.

her eyes moved to the front two seats, in the passenger seat was jay, and in the driver seat was another guy that seemed to be older than her by a year or two. she sighed, hoping jay wouldn't try anything with her.

the car ended up at a house, she got out of the car after catalina and made sure to stay close by her as she didn't know anyone else. walking into the house, there was a few people sitting around. catalina grabbed onto her hand, bringing her to the kitchen where she asked if she was thirsty. liani shook her head, letting her take her off to a couch that only had one other person on it, and they both sat down.

before too long, more people had arrived, some had brung alcohol. loud music was turned on, and liani quickly realized it was a small house party.

liani watched from a far as cat greeted a few people, before they handed her a shot, and she quickly took it before grabbing two shot glasses and pouring alcohol in each. catalina held one of them out to liani as she reached her, a smile on her face.

liani thought about it, ashtrays words coming to her mind. she knew it was best if she stayed sober, so she shook her head. "i'm not gonna drink." she told catalina, who shrugged and took both of the shots before setting down the shot glasses and pulling liani up from the couch.

liani smiled as catalina dance around to the music that played, seeing how she didn't notice the guys eyes that were on her. she liked catalina confidence, drunk and not. she let catalina grab her, making her dance along with her.

catalina grabbed onto her hips, liani grinding on her slightly. she laughed, "you know, i kinda had a crush on you when we met. i was disappointed when i found out you had a boyfriend." catalina shouted over the music, liani turning back around.

liani laughed, "what?" she didn't know that catalina liked girls, it was surprising.

catalina nodded, "i still do." she told her truthfully, a loud laugh leaving her mouth.

liani made her way back over to the couch she had previously sat at when catalina went off to talk to some people. she had been here for almost two hours, it was beginning to her dark outside and she didn't know how she'd get home since catalina was drunk and she was her ride here.

she looked over, seeing the guy who had drived sitting on the couch. she stood up, walking around the couch to the other side and leaned on it. "have you drunk anything?" she asked him.

he turned to her, setting his phone on his lap and looking up at her. "nah, why?"

she could've asked fezco to pick her up, but ashtray was being moody and she didn't want to argue with him if he came along. "can you take me home?" she hoped she could trust him.

he looked at catalina across the room, "you not staying with her?"

liani shook her head, "she's drunk."

he slowly nodded, "ight, yeah."

she thanked him, taking a step back as he stood up. she walked behind him out the door, waving at catalina, although she probably didn't see. she sat in the passenger seat of the car, where jay had sat earlier.

as the car started and took off, she awkwardly tapped her foot on the floorboard of the car.

"yo, you and cat dating?" the guy driving her home asked her.

liani chuckled, "no, why?"

he raised his eyebrows, "dead ass? it seemed like it when y'all was dancing."

she furrowed her eyebrows, knowing now that he had watched them. "no, i have a boyfriend."

he hummed, "what's your name?"

"liani." she answered, "you?"

"david." he replied, reaching her house.

she nodded her head as she watched him park in the street, a car already parked in the driveway. she thanked him for the ride, telling him bye before making her way up to fezcos car that was parked in the driveway.

ashtrays head raised as he heard liani lean on the car. he set his phone down, looking up at her. "what's up with you?"

she squinted her eyes, "nothing?"

"so why you ain't telling me shit anymore?" he asked.

she rolled her eyes, "i didn't tell you one thing, ashtray."

"and you told fez, that shits weird." he told her.

she shrugged, "okay."

"okay?" he titled his head.

"i'm not going to argue with you, you're making this a big deal and it isn't." she crossed her arms.

"nah, it is. you ain't telling me shit that i should know." he mugged her.

"fezco told you, you do know." she told him.

he shook his head, pausing as laid his head back on the seat and huffed. "yo, liani, you're pissing me off."

she narrowed her eyes, "i'm not going to argue with you, ashtray.

"then don't fucking—"

liani cut him off, "why the hell are you yelling?"

he ran his hand down his face, bitting his lip out of frustration. "nah, ion even care no more, you don't gotta tell me shit."

liani watched as he started the car, "what's that supposed to mean?"

he ignored her, backing out of her driveway. liani watched the car disappear, and she sent him texts,
but just gave up when he wasn't responding.