'IF YOU WANT IT TO BE'

Ashtray waved liani off as she protested about not wanting to go to school, even though he was currently parked in front of the building. with a loud, dramatic sigh, she got out of the car and thanked him for the ride, giving him one last smile before making her way up to the school, and inside.

before even making it to her locker she felt a huge weight around her, making her smile because she knew exactly who it was. she went to greet her best friend, but she was cut off. "lani, what the fuck?!"

liani turned around confused, finally meeting eyes with juliet. "what?"

"you spent the night with ashtray? and nothings going on between you two." she said the last part sarcastically, obviously not believing her.

"he gave me a ride home and then stayed, how do you know, anyway?" liani asked curious.

"he texted me from your phone." juliet told her, standing by her side as she watched her open her locker and search through it.

liani paused, wondering how and when he could've done that, but just shrugged it off as she'd probably ask him about it later, if she remembered. "what'd he say?"

"i asked if you needed a ride to school, and he said no, he did give you a ride, right?" juliet questioned.

"yeah." liani answered, finally finding the paper she had been looking for and showing it to juliet before closing her locker and joining her as she walked down the hall.

liani walked home after school, even though ashtray had asked her if she needed a ride, she told him no because she felt bad after he had already took her to school that morning

her socks slid around her hardwood floors in her living room, music played from the tv that was next to her and she sung along to the lyrics, continuously texting the group chat that held her and her friends, as they were all trying to make plans of what they could do in the week, after not hanging out much since school started.

she agreed to whatever, just wanting to get out and do something. she even told them that they could plan something to do at her house, since it was just her alone there, ninety nine percent of the time.

she went to go set her phone down after they had all agreed on something, but let out a loud groan once her phone dinged again the second she went to walk away. though, her face quickly changed when she read the message.

                                          ash
ash
yo wyd?
i'm bored let's do sum

liani
me too
we could do anything
you pick

ash
i could take you out
you hungry?

liani
i just made me pizza rolls
like a date ?

ash
if you want it to be
let's go watch a movie or sum then

liani
we always watch movies

ash
picky ass
ight imma just pick you up in like 30

liani
okayy

she smiled at her phone, before quickly running over to the stairs and up to her room, where she searched for something to wear, though not knowing exactly where they were going she stressed a little, but ended up picking baggy jeans and a random shirt, before doing her makeup that was quite simple and brushing through her hair.

she looked at herself in the mirror, pulling out her cherry chapstick and putting on her lips before searching for her shoes and her black zip up jacket.

just as she finished tying her shoes, she felt her phone vibrate in the pocket of her jeans and she stood up with a breath, checking herself in the mirror and spraying perfume on herself.

for some reason she felt nervous, she wasn't completely oblivious to the feelings she was feeling for ashtray, she was just denying them incase he didn't feel the same way about her.

she checked her phone to make sure it was ashtray, and when it was she jogged out of her room, down to the living room where she turned off the music that was previously playing and then out her front door that was basically always unlocked due to her not having a key, and her mother rarely being home.

she walked quickly over to fezcos car that ashtray was driving, and slid into the passenger seat, greeting the boy with a small nervous smile.

he nodded at her in return, the nervousness on her face not going unknown by him, but he didn't say a word about it, just kept it in mind.

he re-started the car and left her house, starting a short conversation with her until she paused, "where are we going?"

he shrugged, "let's just drive around."

she nodded, actually liking the idea. she looked ahead at the view of the buildings and the long roads ahead of them, maintaining the conversation the two were having while the radio played lowly.

she felt less nervous now, as she just relaxed and enjoyed her time with ashtray.

before too long, the car slowed before stopping in a parking lot that was behind a building with bright lights, and next to it was all trees. due to the could weather, as the wind blowed the trees swayed, and liani found it satisfying to watch, making her grateful that he parked there.

"you sure you not hungry?" he asked her, causing her to turn her head back to him for the first time in a few minutes.

"we can get food if you're hungry." she told him, keeping eye contact.

he shook his head, "nah, im just makin sure you ain't lyin."

she rolled her eyes, looking away for a brief second before she eyes roamed around to her surroundings and then back to him. "it's cold." she ranted, filling the silence.

he nodded in agreement, his eyes going from her eyes to her lips slowly. he always liked how she didn't have to try much to look good, she just always did. she didn't change herself, no matter who she was around, it was simple things like that that brought an attraction to him.

liani noticed the way he was looking at her, and to be sarcastically bold, she propped her head up on the center console, making their faces closer now.

he watched her closely, wondering if he should listen to the thoughts going through his mind in that moment. before too much more time passed, he decided fuck it. liani felt him place his hand gently on the side of her face, before he leaned in. she didn't hesitate to kiss him back, raising up and putting her hand on his neck to deepen the kiss.

she felt her stomach bubble, she was now wondering where this kiss would take the two of them.

AUTHORS NOTES:
i'm not gonna lie, 4 days after i ended my other book i started writing this one 😭😭 no breaks 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️