LEAVE

Liani laughed loudly next to to juliet and a few of her other friends as she was again, sat in sams truck. it was cold, but the group of friends decided to go out walking anyway. they didn't know what to do, and so they just decided they'd walk around hanging out and talking, and maybe eventually find something they could do.

as the truck parked, liani climbed out last and closed the car door behind her, walking behind her group of friends. she looked up at the buildings around her and the decorations and lights that were there, it brought the kiss her and ashtray shared to her mind, and she slowly turned to juliet before tapping her arm. juliet turned her head to her, pausing the conversation she was having with one of their friends, she hummed as a way to ask liani what she needed.

"me and ashtray kissed." liani blurted, immediately feeling juliet tug on her body after her mouth dropped open in shock. "what?!" she shouted, drawing attention from not only their other friends, but the strangers around them, yet they ignored everyone.

"yeah, like three days ago." liani laughed, grabbing onto juliet's arms that were still holding onto her.

"i knew you liked him!" juliet gushed, more than excited for her best friend. if she was being honest, she always felt guilty about being the only one in a relationship, because when she would be with monty that would mean liani was alone, and she didn't like that, but she didn't know what to do. so now that liani and ashtray was most likely going to get together, she was excited that both of them could be happy in relationships.

liani smiled, shaking her head. "yeah, yeah."

the two girls quickly picked up their pace in walking, catching up with the rest of their friends to see what they were talking about and if they had saw anything they could do, other than walk around.

sam pointed ahead of them, to a playground where some kids were playing, along with their parents that stood protectively watching them. the group of teenagers ran over to it, all going to different things.

liani jogged over to the swings, where a little girl was also sat, and other the other side of her was juliet. the little girl turned to her, almost admiring her before speaking to her. "hi." she said simply.

liani smiled back in return, "hi!"

she liked little kids, just not when they were crying and assholes. she always wished she had a sibling, older or younger, that way her house didn't feel so lonely.

"you're pretty." the little girl exclaimed, her smile widening.

liani felt her heart flutter a little, "thank you! you're beautiful." she complemented her back.

the girl kept her smile on her face, slowing down her swing so she could keep her conversation with liani. "what's your name?"

"liani, what's yours?" liani replied.

"i like your name. mine is addily." the small girl told her.

"that's a pretty name." liani returned the compliment, also giving her a quick nod as a way to thank her for complimenting her name.

liani looked around at her friends who were already ready to keep walking, so she slowly stood from her swing, and made eye contact with juliet, who looked between her and addily.

liani slowly turned her eyes to all of the parents that stood around before kneeling down in front of addily. "where's your parents?"

addilys smile dropped a little, "my aunts over there." she pointed to a lady, "i don't live my momma."

liani felt bad for the girl, she understood who she felt though, so she placed her hair behind her ear, "i'm sorry, you be good, okay?"

the girls smile returned, as she nodded, "i will."