chapter 5

The mountain behind their house is huge and it surrounds the entire village in the north side.

Bai Yichen went up the mountain followed by Long Mingyu.He carried a bask basket and a hoe.Bai Yichen wanted to dig some wild vegetables and find some mountain goods so that it can be sold at the town.As a chef he couldn't tolerate the bland taste so he also wanted to find some spices if possible.

Long Mingyu was looking around since this is his first time to enter the mountains.Villagers and hunters usually don't go deep into the mountains as the mountain has treasure but at the same time it is full of danger.So the deepest part of the mountain remains unexplored.

Bai Yichen also wanted to explore the periphery of the mountain but he couldn't find anything other than wild vegetables and firewood.Unknowingly his desire for spices led him into the deep part of the mountain.

Behind him,Long Mingyu stepped into a branch.
Crunch* Bai Yichen came out of the trance and looked behind.He saw Long Mingyu looking around curiously,then he met his sight.He strode forward and grabbed his hands.
"Fulang"he gave him a toothy grin.

Bai Yichen looked at him and sighed helplessly.He didn't notice that as soon as he sees Long Mingyu his eye lits up and there is doting in them.

Suddenly he realized the surrounding environment has moist air and he could see tall trees covered with moss.The only sound he could hear were the occasional chirping of birds and rustling of bushes due to animal movement.He realised they are deep into the mountains now.

"We are now in the deep part of the mountain,this area seems to be unexplored,be careful when you walk.Don't let the low branches hurt you.
You should also avoid shouting,we shouldn't disturb big animals and lead their focus on us.okay?"

Long Mingyu nodded his head.

"Follow me"
"Mm"

Then they went forward.Suddenly Long Mingyu tugged his hand and whispered"Fulang I am hungry."

Bai Yichen prepared some steamed buns before going up the mountain.Just as he was about to take it out,he heard Long Mingyu saying "Fulang look over there,so many fruits,can I eat them?"

He followed Long Mingyu gaze and was startled,hey, isn't this his beloved pepper.
He took Long Mingyu hand and reached the tree.The black pepper plant was creeping on a tree.He looked around and found there were more of them.

He took steamed buns out of back basket and gave it to him.
"Stay here and eat this bun.You can't fill your stomach by consuming those things in the tree.After going home I will make you something delicious to eat."
Long Mingyu nodded.

Bai Yichen took the back basket and started picking the peppercorns.He picked the ripe ones and left the unripe ones.When he turned back,he suddenly caught sight of a small plant.
He suddenly ran to the plant,plucked a leaf and smelled it.
"Onions"

After Long Mingyu saw him running,he also ran behind him.Imitating Bai Yichen actions he also plucked a leaf and took a deep breath,but his eyes started watering.

He snatched the leaf from Bai Yichen and threw them on the ground.
"Fulang don't smell it it will hurt your eyes"

Seeing the onion leaf thrown on the ground,Bai Yichen was speechless.
Then took Long Mingyu's hand"It's not poisonous but will be delicious when it is cooked,stand aside and let me dig hm?"

But Long Mingyu was stubborn and he pulled his Fulang into his arms.He hugged him tightly."No, Fulang let me dig it.You will hurt your eyes."

"No it's oka-"
Smooch* He was unexpectedly kissed again in his cheeks.
He looked at Long Mingyu,he was unwilling to just watch him dig it.
"But I-"
Long Mingyu kissed him again.Smooch*

"Be good,let xianggong do it"Bai Yichen was blushing red and he tried to push him.Instead of getting out of his arms,he was hugged even tighter by Long Mingyu.

Long Mingyu got his wish and started digging the onions.Bai Yichen stood aside and gave instructions,slowly Long Mingyu became skilled at digging.

Bai Yichen looked around and found a nest of bird eggs.He took two of them and left the three eggs in the nest.

After Long Mingyu finished digging,they ate the remaining buns and decided to go downhill.Bai Yichen was about to carry the back basket but it was snatched away by Long Mingyu."Heavy,let xianggong carry it."

"No it's heavy le-" Smooch*he was kissed again.
He looked at Long Mingyu dumfounded.
"Fulang,let me carry it hm ?"
Bai Yichen was blushing and went forward.He stopped paying attention to him,Long Mingyu must have found the trick to make him cater to his wishes. Humph.

He was annoyed by his body that is so easy to blush but his pacing slowed down so that Long Mingyu can catch up with him.

When they reached at the foot of the mountain,it was already at dusk.
They entered the house and locked the yard door.

They quickly freshened up and sort out the materials they collected in the mountains.Black pepper corn has to be plucked,cleaned and dried.

Bai Yichen separated the onions from its leaves.The onions can be stored and the leaves had to be cleaned, cut and dried for future use.The leaves will give a slightly different falvor than the onion when fried in oil.

Bai Yichen went to the kitchen to prepare food.Long Mingyu like a tail was following behind him.

He took a few handful of rice and cooked congee.He took an onion,dice it, fried it in oil,then he added beaten eggs,pepper and salt.He saute it to make scrambled eggs.

The he cooked wild vegetables soup and served it at the table.
Long Mingyu's eyes lit up as he tasted it.
"It's so delicious Fulang,here have some."
He took a chopstick of it and gave it to Bai Yichen.

Bai Yichen was stunned,nobody gave him things that they were so fond of.He glanced at Long Mingyu.This person,Bai Yichen don't know if he ever had been full after coming here,but he still gave him the hard earned food.Although there is enough food to feed them full,but the intentions of this person was to give him the best thing he had.Even if he had lost his memories and is different from everyone he still tried hard to offer him the best thing he has.

Looking at his husband's toothy grin Bai Yichen felt that this world doesn't seem to be too bad.At least they can accompany each other.
________________________________
Author note:
Sorry for not updating until now.
The onions mentioned above are red onions.Here in Nepal,we make scrambled eggs like this.Eggs are usually beaten after adding ginger garlic paste in it,then sauteed.