chapter 14

" Boss give us two bowls of pork noodles."

"Okay."

Bai Yichen dragged Long Mingyu to sit at an unoccupied table. The server  quickly bought the noodles.The noodles served were hot and had meaty flavour. Although the portion of meat is small , the soup was cooked in bone broth.Bone soup is good for health so he urged Long Mingyu to eat it quickly.

As they were eating the noodles, a carriage passed by the noodle shop where they were eating. The carriage was luxuriously decorated. It was soon followed by other carriages. Unlike the first ones, the rest were full of goods and luxuries.

"Hey, brother you know which big shot came to our county town."
"I heard he is abandoned by his family in the capital. His father is some sort of a minister in court. "
"Big families, they can abandon their children like nothing."
"Well there are nannies around them so they really don't have to take care of them personally like us peasants, who have to tighten our belts so we can raise them from birth to adulthood."
"Yeah, it's good that my children are born to me and my fulang who loves them.Heheheh."
"Hahahaha brother you are too narcissistic."

Bai Yichen listened to their words while coaxing Long Mingyu to eat more. If he had to do business in this county town, then he have to avoid getting in troubles with such hidden dragons and crouching tigers like this young master. No matter if he is abandoned or not, the minister's family had raised him till now, they must have some family affection for him. It's better not to offend him for his family's safety.

Oh wait did he just recognise his husband as his family, damn.
He looked at his husband who was happy to be coaxed by his wife. Then sighed
Forget it, they are married anyway and he won't abandon him in good or trouble times till he recovers. If he doesn't want him after he recovers then they will go their separate ways. Oh why is he feeling sad, this original owner must really like his husband.

"Fulang you eat too."
Bai Yichen came back to his senses and ate his noodles. Why is he thinking about it now, it will be known whether he wants him or not when he recovers his memory.

They finished eating the noodles and paid 5 copper coins for each bowl. They Then he went to the cloth shop.His husband really needs new clothes.
His xiangong has been wearing the original owner's clothes and it's not fitting him well and the original owner gave all his good clothes to him and only wore old clothes which were full of patches.

Coming to the county town he had carefully selected the biggest one of his clothes but still it can be seen, since they were of different stature. He had also selected his clothes with least amount of patches. He doesn't mind people judging him based on his appearance but he just like being charming. 'And he is definitely a face licker.'

He went to an ordinary looking cloth shop, the shopkeeper was a kind looking old man and his fulang.
Seeing both of them were of their grandchildren age, they treated them patiently and told them the cloth prices.

" Do you want readymade clothes or want to buy cloth and make it yourself?"
Bai Yichen looked embarrassed.He doesn't know embroidery, he is a chef.
"We want to buy ready made clothes."
The shopkeeper didn't brode over the fact that he doesn't know embroidery.

"Do you want linen or cotton ones?"
"Two cotton clothes for my husband and one linen cloth for me."
"Okay let me show you."
Long Mingyu tugged Bai Yichen sleeves and said "No I won't wear cotton if fulang wears linen.I want linen too and one is enough for me."

He didn't know the meaning of cotton and linen but since his fulang gave it to him means it's good,he want his fulang to wear good too but he knows he needs coins and they don't have enough copper coins with them. He also chose to wear linen with his fulang. He really loves his fulang ah.

But today Bai Yichen was not willing to listen to him, today he wants him to wear it then he will wear it hmph. He knows he is being childish now and he must have been influenced by the original owner's feelings but he really doesn't care.If he really had been influenced then let it influence him, he won't overthink about it. As he had to think about it everyday it's better if he gets accustomed to it and don't torture himself by overthinking.
Mind activities are way more difficult than any other activities. Sigh*

"No you will wear it."
"But fulang-"
Then Bai Yichen whispered slowly"I won't let you kiss me."
"Then you wear it too."
"I won't wear it."
"Then buy me only one ok."
"I won't let you hug me while we sleep"

Long Mingyu panicked and pouted at him to express his grievance but Bai Yichen was as stubborn as a mountain and he had been teased by his xiangong all the time, now he just found a way to handle his xiangong. He won't miss it.

The shopkeeper and his fulang didn't know what they were talking about but they were happy to see such a loving couple.

The shopkeeper showed them the clothes and Bai Yichen chose light cyan colored robes while he chose indigo and dark blue color for his husband.

Long Mingyu stood up and went to take the clothes, although he is angry and won't talk to his fulang but he will definitely not let him carry it.
Bai Yichen shook his head and paid 250 copper coins.It cost him 100 copper coins for a cotton robe and 50 copper coins for his robe.

Bai Yichen went to granary shop and Long Mingyu followed behind him still not talking to him.But he did obediently held his hands.

Bai Yichen paid 360 copper coins.It cost him 60 copper coins for 4 catties of rice, 40 copper coins for 4 catties of noodles, 160 copper coins for 4 catties of  rice flour and 100 copper coins for oil .

Bai Yichen paid it but didn't let Long Mingyu carry it by himself. He is already carrying a lot, carrying extremely heavy things is difficult even if he is a man. He let him carry rice and he carried noodles and rice flour by himself.

Then they went to the bullock cart, they would leave the town at noon.When they reached the bullock cart there were already people sitting there.They went to sit at the bullock cart.

When the Amus saw what they were carrying they sighed in their hearts. Young people nowadays should save money for their future rather than chasing such luxuries. But they couldn't say that to them as they were not his elders. The Amu who left the flat stone so he could wash looked at them with worried eyes. He really felt that Bai Ge'er
should save money so that it could be used in emergencies. He will talk to him alone after reaching the village.

Soon the bullock cart moved towards the village.