Chapter 9

Since there was short light rain a few days ago,mushrooms have grown up in the mountains. There were villagers picking mushrooms in the periphery.

When they saw them,they grew cautious but still greeted them.Mushroom is one of the best alternatives for meat so when it's the time of collecting mushrooms the villagers are always excited,but the mushroom growing in the peripheral of the mountain is not enough to support all the villagers in the Wu village.
So the villagers were afraid that they would have to share the mushrooms with them.

Bai Yichen and his group greeted the villagers but they didn't pick the mushrooms in the periphery but went slightly deeper.Watching their leaving backs the villagers were guilty but relieved.

"Yichen, it's time for red fruits to ripen,it is really delicious.I hope we can find those red fruit plants today."
Bai Yichen knew from the original owner memory that the red fruits here is tomatoes.Bai Yichen also hoped to find tomatoes today.

The path they took today is different from the path Long Mingyu and Bai Yichen took before.The path they took this time is often walked by villagers who want to go up the mountains to collect firewood, medicinal materials, wild vegetables,fruits etc.and hunters who hunt their prey in the slightly deeper part.

Looking around they can find various places with strange signs,those places were the traps dug by the hunters to trap prey and the sign was to avoid humans falling onto them.Bai Yichen and hud group took a detour when they saw such signs left by the hunter since, the depression in the ground is not below the sign but around the sign.This is because if people with bad intentions knew about the trap then the prey captured in it will be taken by them leaving the hunter with nothing but an empty trap.

They came to a place with abundant of mushrooms and started picking them in their back baskets.Bai Yichen was picking the mushrooms and Long Mingyu was beside him holding the back basket in his hands.Bai Yichen would pluck the mushrooms and place it in the back basket in Long Mingyu's hand.

When Xiaobao saw them like this,he sighed that he didn't have anyone to be like that,but was happy that his best friend could find his companion and hopefully, this companion would accompany his best friend for the rest of his life.

When Bai Yichen was picking the mushrooms,he came to encounter a plant and he widened his eyes.
He muttered"garlic?"
He plucked a leaf and wanted to smell it,but before he could put it near his nose he was blocked by a hand and his leaf was snatched from him.

He looked up to see Long Mingyu looking at him.
"Let Xianggong do it,what if Fulang eyes hurt like it did yesterday."
"But it was you who was cryin-"

Smooch*
"Let xianggong do it."
Bai Yichen was stupified and glanced at Chen Xiaobao,he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.Fortunately he was not looking at them.He glared at Long Mingyu with his teary eyed red face"don't do it in front of others.hmph."
He pouted his lips.Seeing his puckered lips Long Mingyu couldn't resist.He kissed him on his pouting lips
Smooch*
"okay Fulang."

Then Long Mingyu took the leaf to his nose and smelled it.
Bai Yichen's face was turning blood red,he didn't know if Xiaobao heard it.
he shyly peeked at him and found him plucking the mushrooms without paying any attention to them.He was relieved then he glared at Long Mingyu and snatched the garlic leaf from him.

Since Long Mingyu found that the leaf doesn't hurt him,he declared it safe by himself and watched his cute little Fulang smell it.
Then he saw his fulang's eyes lit up"it's really garlic,brother Mingyu let's dig it."
Bai Yichen didn't realise he called him brother but Long Mingyu was happy to hear it.So with double enthusiasm they both started digging it,but one's reason for enthusiasm is different from the other.

They didn't realise that Xiaobao was trembling his shoulders and trying hard to stop his giggle,he just saw Long Mingyu kissing his best friend twice and his best friend dumbfounded expression.Thinking that he would hurt his pride when Bai Yichen looked at him, he acted normal but as soon as turned his head he started giggling.

When they finished digging it and leaving some of it to grow back again,Xiaobao had also controlled his giggle.When he looked back at them
he found them digging white roots.

"Yichen, brother-in-law why are you both digging white roots,it doesn't taste good at all and it smells bad."
Bai Yichen knew that when garlic is consumed raw it gives a weird taste,somewhat spicy and it smells if you consume it in large amount.
"This cannot be consumed as staple food or in large amount as other vegetables.This is a spice to enhance the taste,let me cook you both something delicious when we go back."

When it comes to delicious food,Chen Xiaobao is all cool to it."okay~ Have you both collected enough mushrooms? Shall we go find red fruit plants?"

"Okay~"
They went a little deeper into the mountains.Then they encountered a beautiful ger.If Bai Yichen is cold looking ger, Xiaobao is sunny looking ger then this timid ger is the one who you want to dote upon.

He was really thin and working hard to cut the firewood.Generally cutting the firewood in this world is men job but here the ger is doing it pitifully.He was stacking firewood in his basket in large amount which he could hardly carry by himself.But the ger wasn't crying about his difficulties but facing it with his timid self with all his strength in his thin body.

When they passed by,the ger looked at them and offered a smile.Chen Xiaobao also smiled and went forward"Here I will help you carry some."
The timid looking ger said"it's okay I can carry it."

"Noway, you can't.It's too much if you don't want me to carry itlet me call my brother."
"No no-"He shook his hands.
Chen Xiaobao had already placed his back basket in the ground and ran away to his home to call his big brother.

"Yichen, brother-in-law wait for me I will come back soon."
Bai Yichen could only see his back but he heard Chen Xiaobao's words and shook hi head.
He then glanced at the timid looking ger.The ger was also looking at him curiously with his doe like eyes.