Chapter 13

On the road to the valley town,a bullock cart full with passengers was slowly moving towards the town.It was dawn and one by one the villagers started getting up. Bai Yichen also woke up and came out of his husband's embrace.The Amus sitting around them glanced at them with a teasing smile.Bai Yichen was shy and couldn't meet their eyes.He glanced at Long Mingyu who seemed unaffected by this and tried to calm himself down.

When the bullock cart reached the town,the uncle who was driving out parked the cart.One by one all of the villagers came out and gave money to the uncle.He charges 2 copper coins per person and told everyone to gather at the same place at noon.Then everyone went their own way.Bai Yichen saw Tang Haoyu clutching his bundle and going towards an embroidery shop.

Bai Yichen and Long Mingyu went to the pier to know about the food sold at the pier.The dock at the valley town is connected to many areas of the Great Ki dynasty.The port is economically important for the dynasty as it serves as one of the major revenue in the country's wealth.So even though it is far from the capital it is already influenced by the powers in the capital.The valley town is prosperous and there are many hidden dragons and crouching tigers in the town.One may not even know if a simple looking shop can be serving as an intelligence for ministers in the court or even the royal family.

There are rare and exotic goods available in the market from different parts of the country. The dock was full of people. Some people were selling food and some people were carrying loads. Merchants were instructing the workers. There were people from the yamen who were responsible for the peace of the dock.While some people were solely responsible for selling goods that was not available in the local market.

Bai Yichen's attention was caught by the red and green things sold at one of the stall. He took Long Mingyu's hand and went to the stall. The stall owner was a middle aged man. Seeing them walking over,he looked at them"customer please look at these. These are called chillies, just wash, chop and sprinkle it in your food, I assure you that it will really make your food flavourful."

He didn't seem to be from here as he was talking in another dialect.Bai Yichen look at the chillies and they seem to be in good consumable condition.

Long Mingyu looked at Bai Yichen to see if he would smell it so that he snatch it in time. He was ready to "protect" his Fulang. Bai Yichen noticed his gaze and looked at him and blushed. He knew what is going in his husband's head.

"Boss,how do you sell it?I want it in large amounts."
The stall owner was surprised but nevertheless he was really happy to do business early in the morning.
"This item is transported from the south, it's a must have spice for food there.But people here don't seem to know it, customer you have good eyes.It costs you 5 copper coins for a catty.I have 2 catties of fresh chillies and 5 catties of dried ones. If you want the dried ones it costs you 7 copper coins for a catty. But if you want to buy all of it, I will charge dry ones only 6 coins for a catty."

Bai Yichen paid 40 copper coins for 2 catties of green chillies and 5 catties of dried chillies. The stall owner happily packed the chillies and gave it to them. He was really relieved to sell the chillies today. He was returning to the south tomorrow, if he hadn't sold those things he had to take it back to the south.

Bai Yichen led the way and Long Mingyu
carried the chillies. While roaming in the dock, they saw stalls selling pastries, noodles, wontons, tanghulu and many other cuisines. But these cuisines were all prepared traditional with recipes passed from generation to generation and had yet to be affected by other cultures. Looking around Bai Yichen knew what he will sell at his stall in the future. He went to the Yamen and registered a booth at the piers for a month. It costs him 150 copper coins per month.

Passing by a tanghulu shop Long Mingyu's eyes couldn't separate from tanghulu. The sweet sugar coating on the hawthorns shone beautifully under the sunlight, it dazzled Long Mingyu's eyes but he still followed behind his fulang.

Bai Yichen quickly noticed his actions.He was amused looking at Long Mingyu who was following behind him but he was looking back at tanghulu. He didn't even realize that his beloved fulang has stopped walking and has turned around to watch him.

When Long Mingyu reluctantly moved his eyes away from tanghulu and searched for his fulang, then he found him watching him with amusement. He really liked his fulang watching him so he showed a silly grin to his fulang.

Bai Yichen shook his head with helplessness and went to the stall owner selling sugar coated tanghulus.
"Boss, how do you sell it."
"It's 3 copper coins for a bunch. How much do you want little brother?"
"Give me two bunches of tanghulu."

The stall owner gave him two bunches of sugar coated tanghulus to him. Since it early summer now the tanghulus are super sweet and fresh.

Bai Yichen paid 6 copper coins and gave the bunches to Long Mingyu who smiled sweetly. Long Mingyu took a bunch of tanghulu and let his fulang have another bunch.
"Fulang eat"

Bai Yichen smiled and gave the bunch of tanghulus in his hand to Long Mingyu.
"I don't eat it you eat."
Long Mingyu took it and ate a bite. His eyes lit up.
"Fulang it's so good. You have some."

He pushed it towards his fulang's mouth.Bai Yichen blushed and glared at his husband with his watery eyes, but still took a bite.He nodded his head, it was indeed sweet.
"You eat it."

Then Long Mingyu ate it.
" It has become sweeter since fulang ate it. Hehe"
Now Bai Yichen was dripping blood from his face.He looked at the surrounding people and felt relieved when nobody noticed them.

But with Bai Yichen's beauty and Long Mingyu's handsome appearance they won't go unnoticed. Most of the people saw it but they pretended they didn't see it. Some thin skinned ones blushed but most of the people felt pity that they already have been married. It's a pity such attractive people are married early and they don't have a chance.

Bai Yichen looked at his husband. His Xiangong was really....Sigh. I don't know how his xiangong will react when he can recover his memory. Maybe he won't say such things by then. Bai Yichen felt a bit sad when he thought Long Mingyu won't say such things but he was soon over it when he heard
"my fulang's lips are way sweeter."

Bai Yichen blushed so badly that he wanted to find a hole to hide. He quickly grabbed Long Mingyu's sleeve who had just finished eating tanghulu to a noodle stall.
__________________________
Sorry for updating occasionally but my schedule is really tight.
This story will have weekly updates for coming 2-3 weeks.Then it will be more frequently updated.