Rescue

Rescue

"Glass, they think coloured glass is valuable?"

"Erm," Hermione ventures, "I don't think it's glass that's valuable. I remember someone using a hammer to prove that sapphires were the real thing. Oh, I've got a drink with me. They come in glass bottles. This is Coke Cola."

Arry takes the bottle of coke and breaks the top off with a claw, "Kinda fragile isn't it? How's it supposed to stand up to micrometeorite impacts?"

"I guess, dad did walk through the back door once. He's got a massive scar he likes to say was from a tiger."

"Anyway, let's see what this is made from. Oh, hey there's a lot of sucrose in this drink, and some poison too, don't let Krizror drink any till she's older, it might kill her. Hmm, Silicon Dioxide, no discernible structure. Absolutely useless, no wonder that sapphire is so valuable. Probably a chip off of something important."

"Actually, they're found in the ground and mined out. I think they're valuable because we can't just make them."

Arry stares at Hermione like she's grown another head, "Huh? You mine it? Why? I could understand if it was something useful, but Aluminium Oxide?"

"I don't know, I'm only 11. I just know they do."

"Oh, yeah, humans grow slower than we do don't they."

"Arry, am I going to grow up quickly too?"

"What? Huh, probably not. The other two are still growing, and they've been with me for a couple of cycles."

"Aww, I wanted people to treat me like a grown up."

"Don't worry about it. So, I'm going to print out some coloured glass into a small box or something, do you want me to make you one while I'm at it?"

"A new compact mirror would be nice. Mine keep breaking under my books."

"That's another thing I don't understand, why books? Why not computers like this, or share information like we do?"

"So far as I know, we don't have any computers that could do that and be portable."

"I'm sure we've got some in the junk that pirates leave around, I'd give you a Yautja one, but they take minimalism to an extreme with their computers. Probably the small nuke they carry around with them taking up too much space."

"Nuke?"

"What, oh yes. All Yautja hunters carry a nuke with them. As they are often involved in clearing out Xenomorph nests, it's a prudent safety precaution. My children have all learnt to disarm them first, then deal with their weapons."

"How many have you had to face?"

"Oh, a hunting party every 30 rest days or so, they're actually... Oh wait, here they are. Let's get you to the laying room, as I don't want you to get caught up in this until you've got the means to defend yourself. Luna's also there so she needs defending."

Arry breaks into a jog and Hermione struggles to keep up, that is until Arry just changes form mid stride and throws her on her back.

═══════ ೋღ ֍ ღೋ ═══════

Arry paces backwards and forwards in front of a suspended Yautja hunter, "Why is it always the children that get here first?"

"I made my way here unopposed, I passed up the opportunity to gain lesser honour for the honour of taking out the Queen."

"Yeah, that would do it, well you're the first one in a couple of cycles that didn't just attack as soon as they saw me."

"You have an Ooman, I might have hurt her and lost the chance to take her for my breeding stock."