Breakdown

Breakdown

Bubona looks out of her window as her daughter is playing in the early morning sunlight with that creature again. With a sigh, she's about to turn away to floo her sister, when her daughter turns into something else, and suddenly darts into the undergrowth. Hurrying to the floo, she dumps a handful of powder into the floo, far more than is needed, "Hogwarts greenhouses." As soon as the fire turns green, she's on her hands and knees with her head through the fire, "Pomona! Pomona! Are you there. I need you!"

A minute later, her sister comes into view, brushing dirt of her hands, "What's the matter?"

"My niece, she was playing with that creature and she changed."

"You mean Murph?"

"Yes, that. I tolerate it because it can seemingly come and go when it wants, but I draw the line with Vesta changing into that. Not only that, but she's disappeared into the undergrowth somewhere."

"Fine, I will find my... someone that can help. Be warned that you may not get the result you're hoping for." Pomona walks away from the floo, and a burst of yellow light illuminates what Bubona can see of the room.

═══════ ೋღ ֍ ღೋ ═══════

"Ok Hermione, ready to go?"

Hermione looks up at Arry from where she's reading to the youngest of the Yautja that have joined the hive. Honestly, she feels sorry for Ne'stbei, as she was subjected to a massive battery of medical scans by the older Yautja as soon as the face hugger fell off.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, we promised your parents."

"But they can't read my books."

"All of the new members will be moving to Earth soon, so you can read to them then."

Reluctantly, Hermione stands up, "Fine. But they were going to tell me some of their stories when we finished the book."

"Now, do you know where you live?"

"Of course, it's 72 Beech lane..."

"I don't mean the address, I mean can you really picture it."

"Ah, no?"

Arry hangs her head, "Right, the Alley it is."

Together they appear in a flash of fire, before walking into the Leaky Cauldron from Diagon Alley. There, Hermione sees her mother waving at them. So she grabs Arry's hand and pulls her over to the table, "Mum, Dad, what are you doing here?"

Vivian smiles at the two of them, "Take a seat both of you. I'd like to introduce you to Xenophilus Lovegood. Widower and father. He's also my newest patient."

Reflexively Hermione says, "Pleased to meet you."

Xeno looks up at Arry, "I remember you, you took my Little Moon away."

"I did," Arry admits, "you weren't taking very good care of her."

"I know, I was doing my best but..."

Vivian puts her hand on his, "Mr Lovegood, you don't have to explain yourself. Just ask what you want to ask."

"Thank you Doctor. Luna, is she alright?"

"She is, she's currently in a cocoon, but she should emerge in just shy of 6 tendays. That's 60 rest periods, which are almost an Earth day."

Hermione's eyebrows furrow, "I still don't get that, why rest periods and tendays?"

"Multiple spacefaring species. The Yautja didn't have a concept of anything but ticks, rest periods, and cycles. So tenday got adopted."

Henry laughs, "Much like many English terms then."