Chapter Twelve

"Goodnight baby. Mummy loves you so much.. See you in the morning my handsome boy."

"Muma loves you Bodhi. So much. Sweet dreams my boy."

Sam and I tuck Bodhi in kissing his little furrowed forehead before turning on his nightlight and shutting the door. We pause outside the door, staring at each other lost in thought. I can't help but look at her luscious lips and her slight smirk immediately informs me that Sam has caught me. I flush from embarrassment and feel my cheeks turn crimson. Sam breaks the tense silence between us.

"Care to have a hot chocolate with me?"

Sam smiled and began to hop off on her crutches.

"Be right down."

I called after her before heading to the master bedroom washing off my makeup, putting up my hair in a messy bun and pulling on one of Sam's old oversized tshirts and old shorts. I splash water over my face as my mind races. For the first time in a while, I am sure of what I want and it is the woman making me a hot chocolate. I look at my reflection and see a woman that is getting strong and more confident and that is all because of Sam. She always brought me back together. 

When I enter the kitchen, Sam still in her shirt and has the sleeves rolled up as she struggles keeping her balance opening a jar.

"Here let me help."

I instinctly move towards her grabbing the jar when our fingers graze and I feel a sudden rush through my body. This woman was all I've ever needed. Wanted.

I continue to struggle as Sam leans on the counter laughing at me struggle. She always enjoyed making fun of me. And teasing was something we definitely enjoyed doing to each other.

"Shut up hop along."

I laugh hysterically at my joke but only get glares from Sam who tries to stiffle her own giggles.

We sit on the couch with Sam's leg propped on a cushion as we began watching an episode of Queer Eye. We always loved some reality TV together especially something where people got some help from others on the show. And Sam liked that Tan Frances was also English. She claimed it got lonely being the only British for miles. God this woman. Talk about dramatic.

As we watch the next episode, I can't stop myself from watching Sam as she sits contently, happy watching the show. It feels like the past. Like many nights we spent together before our life imploded. She must sense my burning gaze as she turns and catches me staring at her - I never really got away with admiring how beautiful she was. 

"What?"

Sam smiles and wipes her face wondering why I am staring at her. I can't help but laugh at this beautiful woman. We laugh uncontrollably at each other. We were extremely silly together and it felt just like old times together. 

Sam raises her arm and beckons with her head towards me. 

"Come here."

My heart begins thumping at the thought of her touching me. I shuffle across to the couch and snuggle into Sam who rests her strong arm around me. I lay head on her shoulder and listen to her breathing. Her touch searing through my skin setting fireworks off within me. The gentleness, sincerity and kindness of Sam suddenly made me feel upset. Why the hell would it ever cross my mind that anyone could be  better than this woman?

I begin to feel Sam's eyes boring into my head as I am watching the show and I begin to consider what to say or what to do. Depending on my choice, could it lead somewhere? I decide to look up at Sam who continues to look at me with a soft look in her eyes. Her hand gently caresses my cheek, pushing back a strand of hair before swiping down my jaw and holding my chin between her thumb and forefinger. 

I am so lost in the gentle touches of Sam and having the most intimate touching we have had in a month I don't even anticipate her next move. Her lips press the gentlest kiss I have ever experienced to my lips. I raise my hand touching her soft, smooth face bringing back so many memories and feelings. I kiss her back more intensely twisting my body slightly to meet her lips better. I feel Sam's tongue swipe my bottom lip requesting access to go further. I reciprocate and we swipe our tongues across each other and I feel an intense heat building inside me and resting between my legs as she continues to kiss me. I feel Sam's lips continue down my jawline and along my neck as she bit and sucked on the skin, leaving her mark on me which I couldn't complain about as it felt amazing. 

Just as Sam's hand lands on my bare thigh inching further up, I can feel the passion and desire about to explode in me..

Ding. Dong.

Sam whips back from me and looking at me intensely, eyes hard and shocked. She glanced down at her Rolex seeing it is nearing midnight and definitely too late for anyone to be about. I try to gather my breath after feeling like Sam was about to take me there and then on the couch. I look towards the door when a loud banging persistently sounds, Sam pulls herself up from the couch gathering her crutches and makes her way to the door. 

"Bloody hell. Are you expecting anyone?" 

I shake my head and immediately see concern flash through Sam's eyes at once. 

"Okay, head up and make sure Bodhi hasn't be woken babe."

I nod my head and begin to make my way up the stairs as Sam watches while standing at the door waiting for me to disappear up to our son's room. 

*********

As I reach the door of Bodhi's bedroom, I hear raised voices coming from downstairs and immediately call out to Sam but get absolutely no response so I head downstairs. Walking down the steps, I immediately see Sam and Sloane talking. Well Sam talking and Sloane shouting. Loudly. 

"I WANT TO KNOW SHE IS SAFE!" Sloane shouts into Sam's face over and over. 

"She is absolutely fine Sloane." Sam replies calmly back at the woman that towers over her in stature and size. Sam although on crutches, stands confidently unwavered by the woman in front of her.

I race down the stairs and I feel the green piercing eyes immediately on me. I stop just behind Sam and suddenly the guilt and regret resurfaces. I ignored her messages, I promised her a date and instead went to someone else. Of course she would be worried. This is my fault. What the hell have I done? Sloane softens and attempts to move towards me but Sam stops her. 

"Look mate, this is my home and you're not welcome here so back up." 

Sloane looks from Sam to me and I squirm under her gaze biting my lip. I don't know if she sees it in my eyes or my unwillingness to move closer to her but Sloane slowly backs away from the door and down the porch. 

"I will call you Dani." 

I feel  so much hate at hurting both of these women by wanting it all. Being completely selfish. Not being happy with the woman that has given me everything but instead getting caught up in my old feelings and need for closure that I never got. 

Sam shut the door with a soft click and looked at me. I felt so incredibly uncomfortable and vulnerable from being so exposed under the gazes of both of the women that I hurt. Sam's soft and affectionate side disperses as a cold and hurt demeanour surfaces. Sam heads towards the stairs before casting a brief glance.

"Goodnight Dani."

"Goodnight Sam."