Chapter Thirteen

Sitting up in the master bed alone, it begins to hit me. The gravity of what happened last night. I stayed absolutely silent during the whole encounter which I can only infer that Sam felt was a sign to still being unsure. I groaned loudly and flopped onto my pillow. I touched my lips tenderly imagining her lips on me again. It felt good. It felt right.   

Vibrating pulls me from my daydreams as I groan looking at the screen. Ugh.  

"Hey, can we please meet to talk? No matter what you choose we need to sort out this marriage." 

 I sigh frustrated and  begin to think about Sloane's message before deciding to talk to Sam first as we had Bodhi's football match tonight. I pull on a pair of blue jeans, a sweater and some converse tying back my hair in a messy bun and freshening up before heading down to the kitchen. 

"Good morning!"

Sam is sitting sipping on her coffee and I immediately cringe at being so upbeat as she looks like death. Probably got no sleep judging by the dark circles around her eyes. She manages to give me a slight smile and nods towards the coffee. 

"Morning. Coffee is ready." 

Short, one word answers. Where the hell is the woman I kissed last night and the woman that was moving her hand up a long my thigh?

I grabbed a cup of hot coffee with some milk and sit beside Sam who has her face buried in her hands. I rest a hand on her shoulder and wait for her to meet my eyes. 

"Babe, what's wrong? What's happened? Is it me? Have I done something?"

My words come out in ramble all at once. I begin to panic, the last thing I want to do is hurt Sam especially when I am attempting to build our relationship again. I hate seeing the utter pain and destruction I've caused.

Sam's eyes meet mine slowly as she gives a sad smile. I can see the pain in her eyes as she struggles to gather the words to tell me what's going on.

"Dani.. look I haven't stopped thinking about last night. I'm sorry I should never have touched you. I shouldn't confuse what's happening here. Especially because you're still married to her."

Sam doesn't allow me to interrupt as she explains how she's feeling before tears become evident. Sam holds her face as she sobs. I sit in disbelief before holding Sam close to me and trying to comfort her.

"Babe please don't. You know what happened last night was the first time in a while I felt alive and safe. I want a divorce so I can build a life with you!"

Sam huffs and gently nudges her shoulder away from my touch. Taking a deep breath I watched her as she rubbed her face. Attempting to get rid of the stress. Then she looks at me. Those blue eyes. My heart skips a beat hoping that she will try. Give this a second chance.

"Dani, I'm so over this. All of it. I can't keep going back and forth and watch this whole thing with her happen. I love you and want to spend my life with you but I know I cannot. I cannot live with myself if you feel like there's something better out there."

I can't comprehend her words, I know where this is going.

"I'm going to go home. Back to the UK. I'm going to leave next Friday and I'm going to take Bodhi with me for two weeks while he's off school. Give you time to figure out this relationship with Sloane."

Before I can speak a single word, Sam stands and begins to hobble towards the stairs on her crutches. I watch in disbelief unable to process my feelings in this very moment. It feels like my whole world is crumbling. And she's taking my son? Who does she think she is? However, it is for the best when it comes to Sloane - space to figure it all out.

I look down at the dark coffee cup and my tears cause a gentle splash as it falls into the abyss.

Ding! Dong!

I am jolted from my nightmare when the doorbell sounds and I tear myself from the island towards the door. I immediately recognise the shadow of the tall figure on the other side. I take a deep breath before plastering on a fake smile and opening the door.

"Sloane! Hey, how are you?"

Sloane smiles as she pushes her short dark hair back and I see her piercing eyes. I notice a twinkle in her eyes as she looks at me and my heart skips a beat. Maybe this IS something that I need to see through. I feel my body relax under her soft gaze and gesture her to come in. Upon entering, we hug and I can feel her linger slightly as she holds me before we head into the kitchen.

"So, what brings you around this early?"

I grab a fresh mug of coffee and start filling it for her while I wait expectantly for an answer as Sloane sat down at the island stool. I can feel the heat of her gaze travel over all my body before landing on my eyes.

"I needed to see you. I missed you Dani, more than you know. I made a huge mistake and I'm willing to be here and fight for you. But I'm also willing to do anything to make you happy even if that involves us getting divorced."

I watch her patiently as my emotions begin to become overwhelming. The feeling of being useless and worthless that emerged after she initially left me begins to ease and already she seems to be healing the broken parts of me. I turn to get her coffee trying to get my emotions together.

"Hey, I've always loved you Dani."

I feel her hands wrap around my waist and her strong firm body pressing against my back. She nuzzles into my neck and I can't help but smile and wrap my arm around her head. She makes me feel special and wanted. I turn in her arms and hug her tightly as she places soft kisses along my neck and I can't help but love the pleasure and desire I feel.

"Ahem! Don't let us ruin the fun but we need to fuel up for the game."

Sam's voice immediately rings in my ears and I pull away harshly. I notice Sloane giving me a sideye for pushing her away but I see Bodhi standing behind Sam. I walk towards him but he hides behind Sam.

"Baby, how did you sleep? Give mommy a hug."

I kneel down near Sam but Bodhi just hides his face further until Sam gently encourages him. He walks towards me and I scoop him up hugging him so tightly. My son was the only person in the world that I would do anything for. I loved no one as much as this little boy. I pepper his face with kisses until he begins to giggle and we are absorbed into our own bubble.

"Mommy, can we have pancakes as family before my match?"

I can't help but smile at my sons innocence and sincerity.

"Of course baby, why don't you help muma to the table and then start setting it."

You glance up at Sam who gives a gentle nod before allowing Bodhi to guide her towards the table. Turning you see Sloane, looking at you with a small smile. Guilt consumes you as you realise you practically forgot she was standing there for a moment.

"So Bodhi wants pancakes before his game. I can text you later."

Sloane walks to the door with me and I feel her hungry eyes on me. Once at the door, she looks towards me and suddenly kisses me hungrily and desperately. I feel her strong hands roam my body and pull me closer to her, pressing her full body against me.

"See you later Dani, I will be waiting for that call."

Sloane winks before leaving the house and you return to the kitchen to make pancakes and have an awkward conversation with Sam about everything.