Chapter 6

I finished my business in the bathroom within a minute, but it's now been ten minutes and I had to leave the bathroom eventually and face the crowd outside.

Taking a deep breath, I collect myself and unlock the door and head out into the hallway, looking to where Harrison once stood, thankfully he wasn't there anymore, which helped with my nerves.

I made up my mind and decided to be nice, but to avoid being left alone with him, to avoid the awkwardness between us, it's probably better I stay far away from him.

Even now, after so long, it felt like only yesterday he said those words to me 'together forever', before he left and never came back.

He lied to me, he forgot all about me and moved on with his life, so I did too, and my life has been good, not great, but it's mine and I made something of myself, and I'm proud of how far I've come.

I made it to the backyard where everyone was, and instantly, I see Harrison surrounded by his parents, my mom, and a few others I didn't recognize, laughing at something Rob said.

I need a drink, a large one.

Making a beeline away from their eyesight, I headed straight to the bar outside and got myself a glass already filled with alcohol and greedily brought it to my lips, and took a drink.

Not wanting to be seen at the bar, drinking all of Gabby's alcohol, I find a seat and sit down, taking this chance to look around at the people to see if I recognize any of them, which some I do.

Some of our high school friends were here, some I still bump into on occasion, one of them being Anthony, who confessed to me once in high school, he had asked me out on a date, to which I said no because, at that point in my life, I wasn't interested in dating.

Thinking back, I was a really awkward kid, to think anyone would be attracted to me was bizarre, so when he confessed I basically cringed and ran away, rejecting him in a way that still embarrasses me today.

Noticing me, Anthony smiles widely and comes over to me, waving.

"Is that Charlotte Miller, in the flesh?" He said, as I stood up and accepted his obvious incoming hug.

"Hi, Anth, how are you?" I smile into the hug before pulling away to get a good look at him.

He'd definitely blossomed, the once dorky kid from high school was now a full-fledged hottie, he looked like he worked out and spent a lot of time in the sun, I'll admit, he looked amazing and completely different.

Obviously checking me out, Anthony grins. "I'm good, really good..."

"I can't believe you're here, the last time I saw you..." He stopped and tried to think, making me cringe and help him out.

"High school, prom."

"Right, prom." He laughed, the tips of his ears turning red. "I was hoping you didn't remember."

Laughing, we both sat down at the table I was at and smiled at each other before Anthony nodded to my drink.

"Do you want anything, a refill, food?" He asked and I shook my head.

Looking around, I instantly see a pair of eyes on me, belonging to Harrison who looked pissed off or annoyed, and when his eyes met mine he looked away as if he had flipped a switch, he laughed and smiled at something a beautiful girl said next to him.

What the hell is his problem? Did he just glare at me?

"As usual, Harry is surrounded by girls." Anthony jokes. "Nothing much has really changed, has it?"