Chapter 12

"Hey." Anthony comes over and greets me with a hug. "I'm glad you were free for lunch." He says, pulling back with a handsome smile.

I smile back and we both sit down. "I can always eat, especially when I'm being treated." I joke making him laugh.

"You left so quickly last night that I didn't get a chance to really catch up with you." He said. "Old times die hard huh."

I smile sympathetically as the waiter comes to our table.

"What can I get you both today?" The waiter asks, a man around our age. 

"I'll just have your lunch special please." I tell him as he smiles and writes it down, then looks over at Anthony.

"I'll have the same, and a coffee." He said.

"I'll have tea." I tell him and then he finishes writing our order then smiles at both of us.

"I'll be right back with your orders." The waiter said, before he walked off to take someone else's order.

"I thought I had it bad." Anthony says, making me look at him confused. "He was checking you out, big time." 

I look at the waiter and then back to Anthony. "No, he wasn't, he was just being polite, that's his job."

Anthony hums, making me roll my eyes. 

"So what's with you and Harry?"

I almost choked on my own saliva as he just came out with it so casually, and suddenly, it made me feel like a deer in headlights.

Why was he asking about him? "Nothing." 

He hums. "Not what I heard."

I look at him and sit back in my seat. "And what did you hear?"

He shrugs as the waiter comes back to our table with our drinks, and waits for him to walk away, and when he does, he takes a sip of his drink and then smiles at me with a shrug.

"You must have realized it by now, after all these years he's still obsessed with you." 

What the hell is he talking about? Since when has he even remotely been obsessed with me? It's more like everyone has always been obsessed with Harrison, and nothing's changed.

"We're not even friends anymore Anth." I sigh. "And he's never been obsessed, he just probably felt sorry for me as children."

"I was hard to get along with after all."

Anthony gives me a look and it starts to annoy me. "What?" 

"Charlotte, come on..." He sighs, leaning backward with a grin on his face. "Harry practically threatened every guy who ever got close to you when we were at school, it was obvious to everyone but you."

This again... "I told you before Anth, he was just looking out for me, he thought it was his duty as my neighbor, nothing more."

The waiter comes back with our lunch and puts them on the table in front of us, then asks if we want anything else then we should just call his name, 'Jamie' and he'll come right away, which made Anthony chuckle as he walked away.

"I'm gonna bet right now that when we leave, he's going to slip his number to you." He said as we started to eat.

"Don't be ridiculous." I scoff, feeling the heat rise to my face. "He's out of my league."

"Nobody is out of your league." He laughed loudly, making the girls next to us stare over at our table.

"Sorry." He sheepishly said. "But seriously, I knew half of the guys in our year that fancied you, I know because Harry warned each and everyone that you were off limits."