Chapter 8

"Thanks for coming Charlotte." Gabby says, pulling back from our hug.

"Now don't be a stranger, we've missed having you around, haven't we son?" Rob says, smiling at Harrison.

"Are you both sure you don't want me to drive you?" Harrison asks me and my mom, yet looking at me.

"Thank you dear, but I drove today." My mom says, holding up her keys.

Everyone looks at me and I freeze.

"I'm good too, thanks." I smile, really not wanting to be left alone with Harrison.

"Nonsense, I won't allow you to get the bus, Harrison will drive you home, won't you son?" Robbie says, making my face fall.

I didn't have a chance to speak as Harrison had already got his car keys from his pocket and was walking over to his car

What the hell?! I look to my mom for help but she just smiles and puts her hand on my back, leading me from the front door.

"Bye!" Both Gabby and Robbie wave to me and my mom and I wave back, completely helpless.

Walking me to a fancy-looking black car, my mom smiles at Harrison.

"Just like old times, right?" She says, passing me off as Harrison smiles politely.

With a goodbye and a wave, I watch my mom get in her car and pull out of the driveway, and eventually drive off.

Harrison unlocked his car and got inside and waited for me as I stood and wished, hoping that I could grow wings and fly away.

A few seconds later I suck it up, open the car door, and get in the passenger seat.

Inside the car smelled new, yet it had Harrisons' scent, it was totally overwhelming and made it very hard for me to focus.

"Seatbelt." He said, making me roll my eyes.

"You didn't have to, I could've just gotten the bus."

Harrison ignored me and drove out of his parent's driveway, and then started to drive down the street.

I give him my address to which he nods his head, with one hand on the steering wheel, and the other leaned against the window.

"Why are you taking the bus?" Harrison asked, breaking the silence. "I remember you saying you hated public transport."

He remembered... "That was before I realized how expensive cars were."

The car turns silent again, I keep my head straight ahead and try my best to not look at him, the fact he kissed me earlier is still very fresh.

We drove through the town and I couldn't help but notice that even after all this time, everything looks the same.

"It's all exactly how I remembered."

I look at him and see he's also thinking the same as me as he looks at the Town passing us by.

I didn't know what to say back to him, bringing up the past never made me feel good, it was always just a reminder of how much I hated my life.

"Am I going the right way?" He asked as I looked around, seeing that he was.

"Yeah, I live just around the next left." I tell him, as he takes the left.

"This is me." I point to the apartment building as Harrison parks the car near the curb.

He turns off the car and I take off my seatbelt, and so does Harrison, I look at him wondering why he's taking the keys from the car and putting them in his pocket.