Chapter 27

"You're engaged?" 

Micah stared at the ring on my finger before coming over to me and grabbing hold of my hand roughly with his.

"What the hell, Charlotte?" He hissed out, squeezing my hand harder. "Is this some kind of joke?"

I shove my hand away from him and step away from him. "Micah you can't just grab me like that." I tell him but he just scoffs and then laughs out, shaking his head at me.

"Micah I'm sorry, I know I should've told you, but it all happened so fast."

Micah looked hurt and angry as he just simply looked at me, his hand gripping the cup of his coffee so hard the tips of his fingers were white.

This Micah was scaring me, I thought he'd understand and be happy for me, after all I had turned him down that night... 

"So whose the lucky guy?"

"Micah-"

"You're right you should've told me sooner, this is bullshit." He interrupted me and then walked past me, shaking his head before opening.

He stopped at the door and then turned around to look at me, he looked like he wanted to say something more but he turned around again and left, without stopping he roughly shut the door behind him.

What the hell just happened?

I wish I could've handled this better, away from work, I knew he might've liked me but I didn't think it was anything too serious, but from his reaction maybe I was wrong.

He was a great coworker, and an amazing teacher, even a friend... I never thought me getting engaged to Harrison would ruin our friendship like this.

The words of Harrison from this morning play over in my head, 'take the day off, spend it with me' only now do I wish I never came in, spending the day with him sounded better now that I was here.

I had been so happy over the weekend since being engaged that I hadn't had the time to tell anyone, Harrison and I had planned to tell our family this week when he's completely finished with his obligations with his new movie.

I still couldn't believe it.

The ring was still on my finger, it wasn't a dream and I was really not only going out with Harrison, the boy I grew up with, but I was now engaged to him, with the intention of marrying him.

All those years of being with Harrison as a teenager, I never would've thought we both felt the same way about each other, it makes me wonder if I ever did confess... would we still end up engaged? Or would we have been married by now, with children?

Harrison had been in love with me since he was 14... that was a year before I started to question my feelings for him, it was such a confusing time in my life that I knew in my heart that what I was feeling was wrong, because we were so close our whole lives.

I just needed to get through this week and then I can spend more time with Harrison... just one week... 

Later that day

School was over and I was currently collecting our takeaway order.

Harrison was glued to his laptop and doing an interview online, it was being aired in the US so the timing was all crazy, I had offered to grab food mainly to get out of his way, I always felt strange watching him in the background talking about things that felt so bizarre to me.

He really was a movie star, but because I was so used to him I never looked at him like others did, but seeing the way people responded to him when they see him made me realize just what I had to prepare for.