Chapter 13

I felt ridiculous.

I had to go out and buy a new dress that definitely wasn't me, it was a formal black dress with a split in the side of my leg, and it cost around the same amount I pay monthly for my apartment.

What the hell was I doing right now? I had to ask myself as I made it to the restaurant.

I spent over an hour getting dressed up, knowing that he'd be here, was it because I wanted to shove how good I looked in his face, or was I trying to impress him for some stupid reason?

There was no reason to impress him anymore, it was clear that he hated me, despite saying he still liked me.

Harrison forgets that I know him better than he knew himself, I was with him daily growing up, distance and time don't mean a thing when you see that the person has only changed somewhat.

Harrison hasn't changed, and because I know that, I know he's going to make me regret doing what I did all those years ago when I decided I would let him go and live his fabulous life.

I got led further into the restaurant by the front staff until I could clearly see where they were sitting, and it looked like they were the best seats in the restaurant, with a nice view of the ocean.

"Oh Charlotte, you made it." Gabby says as I reach the table.

I could feel Harrison's eyes on me, which made me look at him for a second, and only a second, as he was dressed up and looked so freaking hot, I didn't want him to know that so I didn't look at him again.

"Thanks for inviting me Gabs, it's nice of you." I said politely, as Rob got up and pulled my seat out for me.

Sitting down, I thank Rob and smile at my mom, who was sitting next to me, with Harrison to my right, and Gabby and Rob sitting at the other end of the table.

I could feel his heat radiating from him sitting next to me, I wanted so desperately to look at him, but the pride in me forbid me from giving him the satisfaction he so desperately must want by now, looking the way he does.

Like a goddamn movie star that he was.

"What would you like to drink dear?" Rob asks, handing me a drink menu. "We all waited but know what we want."

"What do you recommend?" I ask him.

"The red wine here is exceptional." Harrison says before Rob had a chance to speak. "If you're in the mood for something dark."

I flinch at his words as I turned to look at him, wishing I didn't and that I just ignored him.

Dammit, why did he have to look so good? "Thanks." I said, turning away from him and back to the menu.

I read over the red wine section and my eyes almost popped out once I saw the prices, prices that I could definitely not afford, which made me wonder if I could afford anything in this restaurant.

I don't want him to look down on me, so I clenched my jaw and sucked it up as I smiled, handing the menu back to Rob.

"I'll have the house wine."

"Splendid!" Rob said, just as the waiter came by.

As Rob and Gabby ordered drinks and starters for us, I couldn't help but look around and admire how beautiful everyone inside looked, nobody would think this fine restaurant was in our small town, and that so many fancy people lived there.

Man, I really needed to get out more.

I look at my mom and see she was also dressed up for the occasion, she had her hair done in a neat bun and her nails looked newly done, the dress she wore was one that I didn't recognize, so that had to be new too.