Chapter 21

I never knew just how much I needed cheering up today, until Micah invited me out.

I went with Micah and we had dinner together at a place he thought I would like, and oh boy was he right, I couldn't remember the last time I ate so much food and laughed so hard.

I looked at the time and couldn't believe it. "We should call it a night, it's already this late." 

Micah looks at his watch and mirrors my surprise before smiling back to me. "Time flies by when you're having fun with me, huh."

I snort and shrug, unable to hide my smile. "It really does, but don't let that go to your big head, Mr."

He pouts and pays for the food once the waiter comes by, when the waiter goes and we both get up I follow him outside into the fresh cool air, making sure to wrap my scarf around me.

"Oh, let me." Micah says before helping me with my scarf, making my cheeks flush.

"Thanks." I say, before frowning. "I really feel bad, are you sure you don't want to go half's?"

We begun walking to where Micah left his car, Micah laughed and shook his head, with his hands inside his coat pockets.

"Nope." He said smugly. "I'm not so bad off that I can't treat a beautiful woman to delicious food."

Beautiful woman? Damn, why does it feel like my cheeks are burning despite how cold it was outside right now?

I laughed awkwardly as we reached Micah's car and he opened the door for me, which I thanked him and god inside, happy to be out of the cold and sitting down again after the food coma I'm in right now.

"Sorry for keeping you this late, I hope you had fun though?" He asked, closing the door behind him and starting the car.

"I had fun, thanks for inviting me Micah, this was just what I needed." I tell him truthfully, to which he just smiles widely and nods his head and focuses on the road.

We drove in comfortable silence to my apartment, which was only a five minute drive from where we ate, once we got outside my apartment I was starting to get sad at the thought of being alone.

I'd admit, since Harrison stopped talking to me I have slipped into a pathetic excuse of a shell, without realizing it.

"Do you want to come up for a coffee?" I turn and ask Micah. "Or tea." 

Micah smiled and unhooked his car seat belt. "Well, if you're offering, I could use drink some tea."

"Perfect." I said as we both got out of the car.

Grabbing my keys out my purse we both walk inside the apartment and luckily for me and my stomach, the elevator was working since Lee had the apartment complex on maintenance.

Crap... which reminds me, did I put my stuff away? 

I wonder what face Micah would make if he saw any of the 'toys' I had laying around in my bedroom, I know Harrison couldn't wait to use them with me, although we never got the chance, I knew it was a big turn on for him.

Once I get closer to my apartment, I see something sitting outside of my door and the closer I got the more confused I got, because someone had left me flowers, a big bunch of flowers in a basket.

Picking them up as I got close, I see theirs a card. "Wow, these are pretty." Micah said from behind me.

Crap, I forgot he was there for a moment.

"Y-Yeah..." I force a smile as my stomach twists at the thought of Harrison.

Only Harrison knew I loved flowers in baskets, could he have sent me this? The more I stared at them and the card inside, the more I felt sad, yet hopeful.