EPILOGUE

THE POTIONEER | 1

THE POTIONEER | 1.20
"LOVE OTTO"
Diagon Alley, London | 1994

20"LOVE OTTO"Diagon Alley, London | 1994

"SIR, DOES SHE KNOW? MY MUM

"SIR, DOES SHE KNOW? MY MUM... I MEAN," Lizzie asked as she sat up straight in the chair in front of Dumbledore’s desk, the headmaster matching her position on the opposite side of the room. The girl had received a letter from Professor Flitwick that morning to go and see Dumbledore after lessons and she did as she was told, knowing what it would be about.

“I would think so,” Dumbledore told her calmly in the same calculated tone he used whenever he spoke about anything. In a way, Lizzie found it assuring because it made everything messy seem so simple. “I sent your father a letter, explaining the circumstances. I told him that you were aware of his ancestry, and that it would be smart to tell his wife before anyone else got the chance. I think your father would have followed those instructions quickly.”

“What about my brother? Elijah?” Lizzie continued her questions. She had to admit she hadn’t been sleeping well since that night Sirius and Buckbeak left the castle because her mind had been racing with all these questions of what would happen next. What would her family be left with? What would she do when she saw her dad for the first time? Would she cry? Would she shout? Would she run away? It hurt to be so clueless.

“I decided it would probably be best to leave that to your parents,” Dumbledore said curtly, pushing his half-moon spectacles further up his nose. “Most times, Elizabeth, I do not try and pretend that I understand what a student may be going through, but this could be different. I just understand this situation from a different point of view. But I hope you know that whatever you are feeling, is perfectly reasonable.”