GOBLET OF FIRE

THE POTIONEER | 2

THE POTIONEER | 2.0
"DEAR HERMIONE"
Diagon Alley, London | 1994

0"DEAR HERMIONE"Diagon Alley, London | 1994

DEAR HERMIONE,

DEAR HERMIONE,

My summer holiday’s been weird, I have to admit. It started off slightly uneasy because my dad was staying at the Leaky Cauldron, giving the rest of us some space to think. Elijah found out the first night we got back from Hogwarts, and I don’t think he’s been handling it too well. I can’t blame him, not after I completely shut down that night as well. But I think I’m starting to forgive, and I do understand why my dad did what he did.

My mum got to that conclusion quicker, though, because me and Elijah are staying at the Weasleys for the rest of the summer while they sort everything out between them. I think it’s going well, though, because they send us postcards all the time from wherever they are. Last week it was Australia.

Elijah was angry for a long time, but he calmed down once we got to the Burrow. I think if he was really mad, he wouldn’t keep the postcards or the presents they had been sending. Either way, he seems happier now. Last I saw him, he just passed by Ginny’s window while playing Quidditch with the twins, Ron, Harry and Ginny. He’s also super excited about the Quidditch World Cup coming up.

Mr. Weasley managed to grab some tickets and all of us are going, I’m sure Ron and Harry told you first. Everyone’s been super pumped for it. I am, too! I hope you can get here in time, but I know muggle transport is a bit slower. Anyway, Ireland’s gonna win for sure. It’s the better team by far, but you don’t watch Quidditch, so I guess you probably don’t care.

I have gotten some letters from Padfoot and so has Elijah, Harry too. He tells us where he’s been, well, not specifically, but last I heard he was in Scotland. Him and Buckbeak have been having fun, climbing mountains, and seeing the countryside. I think Buckbeak’s been the happiest he’s ever been, but Padfoot says he still misses Hagrid. Elijah was surprised when he got his letter from him, but now he can hardly shut up about it. He’s happy to have an uncle. Me, Harry and Ron have had to make sure he keeps using the code name.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see you again. Whenever that’ll be, I just hope it’s soon because I’ve missed you! Keep being wonderful, Granger.

Love Eliza