Chapter 1

A/N: I am super excited to start writing this book and even though I'm writing like 12 others that I need to publish, I really wanted to do this. So here I am.

This book is © copyright and if you steal my work I will hunt you down and, well you copy my work, and you'll see... Cue evil laughter.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this and I know there are a lot of supernatural high schools out there but I hope to make this one my own.

Have fun ;D

(Btw Amarante is pronounced Am-ar-an-tay.)
------------

I lived the first 10 years of my life thinking I was normal - that I was human - but that image was shattered when the incident happened.

Now, 6 years later, I just try to blend in and stay out of everybody's way while doing secret research on what happened to me. But apparently that research wasn't so secret. Some school for 'The Gifted' had noticed me and have now 'recruited' me. So now I'm being dragged away from what I never understood and being thrown into a world of things that can't possibly exist.

I'm gonna need a lot more than just luck...
-------------

"Amarante! Time to get up, its a school day!" My foster mum, Polly, shouts from the door of my bedroom.

I groan and push my face further into the pillow, hoping that if I try hard enough it will open up and swallow me whole.

"You better get your tushy out of that bed right now young lady." She scolds knowing that I won't get up until I absolutely have to.

"For goodness sake. If you wait until 5 minutes before school starts to get up I will actually knock this door down and get you ready myself." She threatens and I'll tell you now, Polly is not know for making empty threats.

"I'm up, I'm up." I groan while sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I then walk into my connecting bathroom and get into the shower without daring to even glance in my mirror. It was when when I turned the water on that I realised my mistake.

"Seriously." I whine to myself stepping out the shower to take off my soaking wet PJs. I blame the tiredness. I was awake pretty much all of last night researching as I do every night, ever since the incident, but I got the same result - nothing. There is absolutely nothing that even begins to explain what happened to me, how to stop it, why it even happened. But the question I ask myself the most; why did I have to live. I should have died that day, let someone else live who would know what to do with a new found 'ability', but instead fate decided it would be entertaining to give it to me and watch my mind slowly deteriorate over something that I can't even comprehend.