Chapter 31

Back to Amarante's pov

"Sounds like a lot of things could go wrong." Volt insulted, but Silver took it lightly.

"They could, if people are stupid." Silver insulted back, albeit more playfully. The voices were practically next to us at this point and we all tensed in fear.

"Well –" Volt stopped abruptly, making my eyes go wide.

I slowly peered to my right, only for my orbs to clash with a cruel smirk staring right back at me.

"What do we have here?"

---

Immediately we jumped away and took up battle stances, although Marcy's wavered and seemed uncertain.

I quickly glanced at the two new faces.

Silver's appearance matched his informal tones, with his ripped jeans and a half buttoned white shirt that revealed his toned upper body. His silver hair was swiped back but a few strands fell in front of his eyes that shimmered like molten silver, and I had to admit that he was very attractive.

"Damn." Honey whispered to me, however Silver seemed to hear her and winked, "Even more damn."

"And who are you three lovely ladies?"

"I believe that they're escaped prisoners." Aspect replied, her expression strict. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight bun and her green eyes narrowed into a sharp glare at the sight of us.

"That's correct," Volt confirmed, "Silver, this is the Ischyros," He gestured to me as if he was introducing a friend not a prisoner, "Her slightly deranged friend," He gestured to Honey and I stifled a laugh despite the dangerous situation, "And Marcy."

"Ah," Silver nodded, "The infamous Marcy, and the Ischyros, pleasure to make your acquaintance, although I can't promise you'll survive this meeting."

And with that the three of them sprung at us.

Marcy immediately ran, swerving round the desks to get away from the fight, but Aspect followed her closely, leaving Honey and I to face off against two of the Ophiuchus leaders.

Silver and Volt shared a nod, before rushing towards us; Silver had his eyes locked on Honey whereas I seemed to be Volt's target as he aimed bolts of electricity at me.

I quickly activated my ability to deflect the crackling energy, accidentally sending it into the desk at my right.

Volt's yellow eyes narrowed at he sent another three strikes my way in rapid succession. I managed to deflect the first one, but my lack of control over my abilities left me unable to manipulate the next two.

I ducked, the two bolts narrowly missing my head and singeing my hair ever so slightly.

"So there's a limit to your power," Volt smirked, "Y'know the only way you'll ever truly master your abilities is if you join Ophiuchus."

I sent him a dumbfounded look, standing straight again, "I think we have a different concept of what 'master' means, especially if Marcy is anything to go by."

His smirk dropped, but only slightly, "She was weak, couldn't handle the thought of her own power, and so she asked us to supress it rather than harness it. But you," He sent another shot my way, so I deflected it again, the desk in shambles, "You have the potential to be one of our greatest allies."

I kept staring at him as if he was stupid, "And why on Earth would I join someone who kidnapped me and is currently trying to kill me?" He sent another attack, which I dodged, "Thanks for proving my point."