Chapter 30

Sorry, but you have to deal with that cliffhanger a little longer!

This chapter is written in third person, but it's also kind of focused on Carter because I love him.

I hope you enjoy a different style of writing.

------------------

3rd person

It was Monday.

Classes passed by like normal, and the world continued turning even without the two girls who had suddenly become so important in many lives.

Carter slowly walked down the hallways to the cafeteria, so deep in thought that he didn't even acknowledge the flirty comments that were thrown his way.

"Carter." A cold voice broke through his thoughts.

Carter turned, a teasing look automatically making its way onto his face despite his inner turmoil, "Jackson."

Jackson suddenly pushed Carter sideways, into an open classroom, "Hey!"

"Sorry Griffin." Another voice spoke from the corner of the room, slightly laced with an Irish accent, "But we have to talk, and I think you already know why."

Carter sighed, emerald eyes glancing over every face in the room, "Of course I do."

Jackson held an accusatory stare, as if Carter had all the answers, "So where are they?"

"Jackson..." Lucas warned, knowing that his friends anger tended to overrule his logic.

"I wish I knew." Carter brushed off Jackson's tone, his face unusually serious.

"So you have no idea where they are?" Jackson still had an accusing tone but everyone could see the desperate look that shone in his eyes.

"I don't, and if I did then they would already be safe back here." His confidence seeped into his voice, and any other time it would have been seen as arrogant, but everyone in the room could see how serious he was.

"Did you see anyone suspicious at the mall?" Connery questioned.

"No, no one that particularly stood out. Is that where they went missing?"

"Well, they never came back, so we assume that they were taken from there."

"The last I saw them, they were at Pizza Express."

"Same." A new voice spoke up, and Carter saw a group of three sat in the back corner of the classroom. They all looked familiar, but names had never been his thing.

"You saw them at the mall?" He asked, having not seen the three while he was there.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was after you had seen them. Your brother was with them." The red-head spoke, and the other eyes in the room widened.

"You have a brother? And he knows Amy and Honey?" Lucas seemed surprised.

"Yeah, I'm not sure how he knows them but he seems to have taken a liking towards them." Carter smiled at the memory of teasing Archer while Amy played along.

The boy next to the red-head seemed to grow more concerned, "When we left them, your brother was still with them. Was he taken to?" He had expected Carter to grow more worried, but his expression didn't change.

"I was with him all of yesterday, so he must have left them before whatever happened."

"Did he mention anything?" Jackson asked, still hoping that Carter had some clue.