Chapter 15

Previously:

"So who's ready to fight?" He says with a malicious gleam in his eyes.

He searches the crowd before his eyes land on me and stay there, shining with something I don't understand.

Whatever it is makes me shrink back in fear.

Something's wrong with this guy.

Very wrong.

---------

Cold, black eyes stare into mine with a ferral glint that causes a shiver to make its way down my spine.

A boy raises his hand catching the attention of the teacher, directing his eyes off me.

Thank you random boy, thank you.

I let out a sigh of relief once his head turned.

"Are we actually gonna fight each other?" The boy asks.

"Yes, is that all?" The teacher glares at him but the boy doesn't seem to notice.

"So what if we accidentally kill someone or knock them out?"

"If you kill them your not using your powers correctly, if you knock them out its a clear win."

"Isn't that illegal, to teach children to fight and let them hurt eachother?" A girl asks.

"It very well may be, but that law wasn't designed for superhuman students." He counters with that evil smirk.

The girl opens her mouth to reply but the teacher silences her with a freighting look making her flinch.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

"Any more questions?" He asks glancing around the room with cold eyes.

"No? Good. Go get changed."

~~~~~~~

After changing into skin tight jumpsuits, like the ones in action movies, in separate locker rooms that I hadn't noticed before we all returned to where we were sat.

"Now for the rules," he claps making some pupils jump, "Number 1, no attacking each other before the word go. Number 2, you must fight - no backing out or being a wimp. Number 3, use your abilities to your advantage, that is what this whole thing is about. Without your abilities your pretty much an ordinary human and that is the worst thing you can be when your battling a supernatural army." He concludes, still gazing at everyone with his freaky black eyes.

"Who said anything about fighting an army?" The same boy from before asks.

"Who said anything about a bunch of mutant kids?" The teacher replies, in a tone close to sassy.

"Well X-men kinda did."

The teacher just sends him a deadly glare and he shuts up. The evil smile reappears on the teachers face.

"Everyone got the rules?," He barley pauses before he starts again, "Good. Now Jimmy, Gordon, Laura, Mary and Harry, your up first."

5 people stand up and make their way into the slightly lowered center. Everybody's eyes are on them and while Mary seems to cower away from the attention, Laura seems to bathe in it, flicking her blonde hair over her shoulder and strutting to the center of the room like she's on a catwalk. I recall Honey telling me that she had slept with pretty much everyone, and by the way she's reacting to the attention I don't doubt it.

She looks like she tried to do her make up in the dark, with eyeliner that is way too thick, clumpy mascara, a hideous pink lipstick and an orange face, I don't see how any guy would be attracted to her.