Chapter 9

Previously:

"So can you show us what you can do?" Jackson asks me and our while table looks towards me in anticipation.

********************************

I look at all of them, their attention solely focused on me, before lifting my hand and concentrating. The familiar tingle makes its way down my arm and into the ends of my fingers, remaining there and getting stronger. It was close to the surface, about to show itself -

CRASH!!

A griffin looking creature crashes through the wall causing a cloud of dust to fly everywhere. Students sat near the crash start coughing loudly but I can still hear a chuckle coming from someone over there.

As the dust clears I see a male figure on the griffin's back clutching his stomach in laughter.

I turn to Jackson in questioning but before I open my mouth he rolls his eyes, "Carter Griffin."

Honey taps me and I turn to her, "Aka the hottest guy in the school."

"And also the most trouble. Stay away from him Amy." Jackson warns me.

The Principal walks in and turns towards the destroyed wall. He rolls his eyes, much like Jackson did, but he also has a small smile on his face.

"Carter, again, really?"

"I heard we had a new pupil, a dramatic entrance was required. And let's face it, that was pretty hilarious." A smooth voice replies.

The principal shakes his head still smiling slightly, "Just try not to destroy the wall next time, fix it please."

"You got it." The figure slides off the griffin and it flys away. The figure walks further into the cafeteria and clicks his fingers which makes the wall instantly rebuild itself.

"Thank you." The principal then walks back pit of the room.

Carter claps his hands, "Ok, now I have your attention, where's the newbie?"

Some heads turn to me but the thing that gets Carter's attention is when Honey stands up and yells,

"She's here! Here she is! Right here!" Jackson, Lucas and Connery turn to glare at her and she shrugs, mumbling an 'oops'.

He starts to make his way towards our table, holding confidence on his steps and once he gets close enough I realise why. I'm not even kidding when I say I almost fan-girled then and there when I saw him properly. His facial structure was chiseled to perfection and I couldn't see a single detail out of place. His hair hung in loose black curls above his eyebrows and his lips were in a small smirk.

"Woah." I mumble to Honey.

"I know right." She whispers back.

He slides into the seat next to me and throws an arm around my shoulder,

"You must be the newbie. Didn't expect you to be so beautiful." He flirts and I shift uncomfortably, I'm not really appreciating his lack of knowledge about personal space.

"What's your name, gorgeous?"

"Amarante." I reply, he nods,

"I think I'll just stick to gorgeous, suits you better." Wow, this guy, "So what can you do?"

"What?" I ask confused.

"Your ability?"

"Well, she was just about to show us before you decided to crash through the wall." Jackson snaps. Carter lifts his hands in surrender,

"Chill dude." He then turns to me, "Go on."

"I should proberbly warn you, I'm not very good with the control aspect of this."

They nod and stare at me once again. I concentrate, feeling the tingles spread down my arm and start intensifying at the tips of my fingers. With one final push I slam my hand down on the table and watch as it completely disintegrates, only leaving the food we were eating behind.

"Well..." I trail off, "that didn't go as planned."

"Woah, that's awesome!!" Lucas shouts excitedly.

"Not really." I mumble, "That wasn't supposed to happen."

"That wasn't your ability?" He questions.

"No, I have no idea why that happened or how I did it." I look at my hand in confusion, "I've never done that before."

Carter clicks his fingers and the tables back to normal again, "Wouldn't want you in trouble on your first day would we gorgeous?" He winks.

"So if that wasn't your ability what is?" Honey asks.

"Usually something to do with nature would happen, like a vine would grow through the ground or something like that. I was trying to make ivy and flowers cover the table but something obviously went horribly wrong."

"Right, what else can you do with your ability?" Connery asks.

"I also have something with the wind, like I can create mini whirlwinds, which is pretty cool and one time I'm also 100% certain I froze a glass of water I had last week."

"You have more than one basic ability?" Jackson asks.

"I guess so."

"Ohhhh, this is exciting!" Honey squeals, obviously intrigued.

"Why is that such a big deal?" I ask.

"Most people only have one basic ability, when you disintegrated the table I first thought super strength or some teleportation thing but when you explained your ability I thought grass but now...now I'm amazed and extremely confused." Carter explains, "Your special gorgeous." He winks.

"Ok..." I drag it out and move his arm off of me, but seconds later his just places it back.

I roll my eyes.

"Carter, would you please remove your arm from my shoulder." I turn to him and raise my eyebrows at him in a sassy fashion.

"Ohh, feisty are we gorgeous," He leans in so his breath tickles my ear as he speaks, "Good thing I think that's a major turn on."

I push his away, my faces flushed with embarrassment and awkwardness.

His laughter booms in my ear, and I end up with a small smile on my face too.

++++++++++

Please don't kill me!!!

You will find out Amarante's actual abilities soon but I just didn't think it was the right moment.

I don't really like the way this chapter turned out, sorry '~'.

Anyway my Dad changed our internet and didn't tell me and I didn't even realise I wasn't connected, so yeah I'm an idiot.

Stay tuned,

Peace out,

Niamh