Chapter 14

Previously:

"This may seem like a random question but the answer is important, what's your ability?"

Why does everyone seem to ask me that?

"Umm... Is 'I don't know' an acceptable answer?"

"I was hoping for something else but I guess this proves what Max said." She mumbles.

"What?"

Her eyes twinkle with a mixture of curiosity, confusion and the smallest hint of fear.

"Amy, there's something you need to know..."

------

She pauses, probably debating whether or not to tell me but soon enough she speaks again,

"My boyfriend Max heard from his friend Ryker who heard from his sister who heard from Mya, the schools biggest gossiper who knows anything and everything, that no one knows your ability."

"I knew tha-" She cuts me off,

"Let me finish." She checks to see if I'll say anything else but when I remain silent she continues, "No one knows your ability, not the teachers or the Principal, not even the recruiters." She looks at me wearily.

"I'm still not getting why this is odd."

She sighs overdramaticly, "The recruiters always, always, find out a pupils ability before recruiting them just incase they accidentally recruit a human. Its also so that the pupil can be put with others of a similar ability and have special classes dedicated to their particular ability. But they never found out what you could do, which is why you don't have any special classes."

"Why would they bring me here without knowing my a-"

"I was just getting to that bit." She huffs, "Mya overheard the teachers and the recruiters talking, apparently you seemed perfectly human until they saw you freeze a glass of water only for it to melt a second later, after that you had a few other slip ups but nothing linked. One day they saw you making flowers grow in your garden, another day it was jumping from your window and being caught by the wind, then it was evaporating puddles as you walked past - which they were pretty sure you didn't even notice - there is no existing ability that covers everything you can do. And I need to warn you..." She stops.

"About?"

"About battle training. Their plan was to find out your ability then and sort everything out from there," Her eyes glaze over and start shining a vibrant blue, almost like they're not her eyes at all, "But I have a feeling something's going on, I think you're much more than what they first thought - but you cannot let them know that." She says in all seriousness.

"Why not?" I question, kind of frightened because of what she explained but mostly intrigued. I swear my curiosity will get me killed one day.

"They'll use your power for themselves and won't care as it slowly destroys you."

Her eyes gradually return to their normal chocolate brown and she shakes her head like she's trying to snap out of it.

She looks back to me, "I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened there, I don't even remember what I said. It feels a bit like I just passed out for a minute. Weird." She shakes her head again and we quieten down when the teacher starts the lesson.

I felt like crying after music had finished as it appears I am the only person in this school with no musical talent whatsoever. Everyone either sung amazingly, played an instrument beautifully, or did both. Showoffs. I just sat there sliding further down in my chair every passing minute hoping the teacher wouldn't notice me. It worked, thank god, or maybe she just didn't notice because when she asked for hands up on who hadn't performed I just smiled and acted like I had. Why couldn't I have had drama instead?

I enter battle training still deep in my thoughts when Honey's voice brings me back to reality,

"Tay!" She squeals running up to me and giving me a small hug.

"Hi Honey." I smile at her. She suddenly pulls away, glaring at me with her hands of her hips.

She looks like an angry kitten.

I frown at her mood change, no matter how hilarious she might look.

"What did I do?"

"You, young lady, ditched me for the whole of lunch break. I want a freakin' explanation right now and it better be good." She may look cute and innocent but this is the last time I'm messing with her. She's seriously scary.

"I had detention." I mumble not looking at her.

Her loud giggle takes me by surprise, "On your first day? Really Tay? You must be one bad ass."

I laugh with her and we sit down on the floor like the rest of the students.

The battle training classroom was huge, although there were no chairs or tables to fill the space. The centre of the room was lowered and a blue mat filled the space - I'm guessing that that was where we would fight - there was also a whiteboard at the front of the classroom with battle techniques written all over it that made almost no sense to me. One wall of the room was completely covered with lockers giving me a feeling that we would have to get changed for the lesson. There was a chalk board at the back of the classroom with names and positions on it, from the last class I'm guessing. Training dummies littered the floor as well as punching bags that hung across one side of the classroom.

To me it didn't really look like a classroom, more like a gym.

"Are you nervous? 'Cause I'm nervous." Honey rushes fiddling with her hands.

"Yeah, I am."

Especially since I was just told to be careful so no one finds out what I can do. Even though I don't even know.

I run a hand down my face and sigh.

What am I supposed to do?

"What's up?" Honey asks.

"Nothing, I'm ok." I smile at fake smile to reassure her. Her eyes narrow at me and I can tell she's spotted my lie.

"Seriously Tay, you can tell me."

"I know I can, it's just - I don't really know what the problem is myself."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just confused, that's all."

Before she can say anymore the teachers walks in and claps his hands, the sound echoing around the large room.

"So who's ready to fight?" He says with a malicious gleam in his eyes.

He searches the crowd before his eyes land on me and stay there, shining with something I don't understand.

Whatever it is makes me shrink back in fear.

Something's wrong with this guy.

Very wrong.
__________

This chapter is exactly 1111 words XD.

I didn't really have anything planned for this chapter but I wrote it any way, I kinda like it.

Any ships?

What do you think happened to Alex when her eyes went blue and she started getting weird?

What do you think of their battle training teacher?

Vote, comment, be happy, eat ice cream, and enjoy.

Peace out,

~Niamh