Chapter 11

My lungs were screaming for air but I couldn't give them what they wanted, I had to keep running. My legs ached with a pain so intense that I thought they were going to collapse any second, that wouldn't end well - they would catch me instantly.

I don't even know who they are, I just know I have to run from them because if they get me, it's all over.

Again, I don't know what it is but it's important and could change everything.

I can't see anything through the fog and the density of the trees, where even am I?

Loud footsteps pound on the dirt floor behind me, and I would scream at how close they are if I could but my lungs would not allow it.

Suddenly the footsteps stop and I crash into something warm and hard.

Strong arms wrap around me and a male, deep voice wispers into my ear,

"I'll protect you."

I jump awake, my pounding so fast I feel like it might jump from my chest.

That line, that's the same line from the dream in the car, does it mean something? I once heard that if you have a dream that repeats itself, its trying to send you a message.

'I'll protect you.'

The words echo in my head, but who is it saying them and what are they protecting me from?

Too many questions and too few answers. Geez, when did my life get so complicated. Don't answer that, my life's always been complicated, but something extra odd is going on - starting with the fact I'm at a school for the supernatural and there seems to be the prettiest, yet most sinister, song I've ever heard floating through the room. (This song is important, I wrote it for a purpose, read it if you want to find some answers ;))