Chaoter 2: The Hill

Charles and Raven drove to the hill. The hill is where you can watch the sun set over the city a beautiful site. Charles puts his arm around Raven and she cuddles in. "Charles I wish this could be the only thing we could do in life," she said calmingly. "Me too, me too," he said slowly and softly. Then they kissed on the park bench. " Can I go to the bathroom real quick," Charles asked Raven. "I'll be waiting ," she said back. Suddenly she changed into her blue scales form. She was scared to show him this version of her, he would think she was ugly. So she tried to change back, but couldn't. She grabbed coats and blankets and wrapped it around her. Charles came back to the bench and saw her all covered up. "What are you doing," he asked laughing a little. "Uhhh I'm cold really cold," she said hesitantly. "Stop playing around now," he said. She tried to pull the blankets up further, but he just took them off. The red tangly hair and the blue skin was revealed. This was her true form, the form she was embarrassed of. "You look-," he stuttered. "I know I look like a lizard I'm ugly," she said sobbing a little. " No I was gonna say beautiful," he said confused. "Really," She asked. "You look beautiful just the way you are Raven understand that," he said to her. They hugged each other for a long time while she took in the truth she was beautiful. They hopped into the car and Charles dad called him. " Get back home you worthless pig," his father said. Charles hung up, but his dad kept calling. "Let's go to your house," Charles said. " I have to go to the bank real quick my house is close to there so you can just leave me there," she said nervously. "Ok sure," he said. They got into the car and drove down the hill. New York City was still very busy at night so it took them a while to get there. Charles kissed Raven goodnight and she got out of the car. Charles drove away and she was left all alone at the bank.She started to walk away from the bank when the alarm went off. There was a robbery. The police quickly arrived and blocked the outside of the doors. Then the bullets when off but they stopped in mid air. It was Erick and a some slimy other man. Why was he roofing the bank she wondered. Erick launched the bullets back at the officers, all of them fell down. Raven quickly ran away from the bank and went to her home, the streets. She went into an alley way and there was her mattress. She did her homework in the moon light and cried herself to sleep.