Chapter 9: Jean Grey

Jean was in her room sitting on her bed. Then her mom came into the room with a mad expression on her face. "Jean why would you throw your teacher across the room," she yelled at Jean. "I didn't mean too," she whispered. Jean's mom grabbed out the belt and started whipping her. Her skin turned red and some areas were bruised. Her father can in and did nothing. She looked at them and held her hand up. They started to bleed through there eye sockets and bones pierced through the skin. She put her hand down and saw what she had done. She couldn't control what she did. It was like something had taken over her. She felt much safer in Xzavier's school. It was lunch and all the kids were sitting at their tables. No one invited her to theirs. She felt a tap behind her shoulder. She turned around and it was Scott. "Hey would you want to come sit at our table," he asked her with a kind gesture.She smiled and said "Yeah sure". She walked over to their table and sat down between Rogue and Scott. She got to meet everyone at the table and they quickly became great friends especially with Scott. She felt an instant connection with him. Jean would have sessions with the Professor every other day. He taught her how to control it. After a couple sessions she had all ready made so much progress, she was a quick learner and that would be helpful in a fight. Whenever Jean went to sleep she would have nightmares about her childhood and she would have flashbacks. What her father and mother did to her when she was a child was sick. Her mother would beat her continuously and her father would lock her in the closet for hours on end. Those memories would haunt her for life. One night she had a dream she was running away from her mom. She got her and she died. She woke up screaming and Scott slammed the door open. He had no shirt on and shorts. "Are you ok Jean," he asked her in a panic. "I had a nightmare," she said. "Ok goodnight Jean. Before he closed the door Jean said "Wait," she yelled to him. He reopened the door. "Can you stay with me tonight," she asked him. "Sure," he said. He walked across the room and hopped in bed with her. She felt comforted and layer her head on his chest and she fell asleep. The next morning Scott woke up floating, Jean's head still on his chest. "Jean," he said. He nudged her a little. "What," she asked him sleepily. "We're floating in the air," he said. "What," she said in surprise and they dropped on to the bed. They both started to laugh when Logan came barging through the door. "Oh um sorry didn't mean to disturb anything," hr said closing the door. "It's not what it looks like," Scott said yelling to him, but it was too late. "Scott," she said. Then she leaned in and kissed him. The kiss was warm. She pulled away and looked into his eyes. He kissed her again, but this time longer. They were in love.