Chapter-1

Chapter-1-"You are silent. She is wild!"

Benedict Henderson's POV

The waitress puts the glass of whiskey down on the table and a glass of scotch near Max. He sighs as he takes the glass and takes a sip of it. The stress is clear on his face. I take my glass slowly and take a sip of the whiskey before swirling it around as I look at him to analyse the situation.

I can only imagine what must be going through his head at a time like this. The anxiety he is feeling is clear and I can see the wheels churning in his head as he thinking about how to do the damage control that's been done to their family name and their business. But most of all, I know he is thinking about his sister, the darling of Alberto family, the Brat, Layla.

"Everything will be back to normal." I try to sound sympathetic. I hardly doubt it will go back to normal though. It's going to take some time. It did not go like I had planned. But part of the result of what happened is as I wanted. He looks at me. I keep my face neutral like always. Never show your emotions to anyone.

"At least you be honest with me." He shakes his head at me. Seeing my only true friend in distress is causing an itch to my heart. "You know that it's going to take some time." He looks away. "That's the least of my worries though." I knew it! I bunch my fingers into my palm. Don't ask! Don't show that you care! Don't! "I can't believe she actually got herself into a drug scandal!" He shakes his head again.

Ah yes! I did plan for her to be involved in a scandal, but she was just supposed to appear drunk and look like she is causing rukus! Not get herself into a drug scandal!

"Papa is so angry with her." He takes another sip of his drink. Mr. Alberto? Angry with his Princess? That never happened. I know for a fact he would kill for her if he has to. I have seen firsthand what he will do for her. I am one of those victims that came too close to her to feel the burn from her father. Fuck! It been ten years Ben! TEN. FUCKING. YEARS! Why does it still feel like yesterday though?

"He is?" I can't hide my surprise.

"Imagine how shocked Layla must be." Max says. "He still wants to treat her like she is a glass though." Max always wanted his sister to know the reality of life. Mrs. Alberto too, but her Papa only wants to give comfort to her. Now she has turned into the huge brat. I have been seeing each and every news that comes out about her. "I want her to come out of that mansion and experience the real life."

"You know Mr. Alberto is not going to let that happen." Like he would ever let his daughter leave the mansion. But if she does leave, it would make it much easier for me to meet her. It was really hard to introduce Chris, her friend that got her into this drug scandal. He has been AWOL since that night. That bastard is not supposed to give her drugs. It was not the plan.

"This time Papa has to listen to me." He sounds determined. I look at him in surprise. He speaks like he hasn't spoiled her. Everyone around her loves her. Everyone! Fuck! I was one of those people who thought would kill for her or die for her! I was eighteen! Nothing about that ended well! They all spoil her too much. "She needs to know life, Ben."

"How would she know? Can she even live if she was not in your care?" I highly doubt that. She was supposed to marry some rich businessman who would give her love and everything. It was one of the things I was told very early in my life when I was crushing over her. "Even if you do, she knows how to push everyone's buttons to have them give up on her." She is one smart girl!

"Then I would need to put her under someone who knows her, who can discipline her, who would not be affected by her tactics and who would care for her." Max speaks looking at his glass and takes a sip. I tilt my head. I know he is talking about me.