Chapter-3

Chapter-3-"Play all your games. But I am not letting you run away this time."

Benedict Henderson's POV

The clicking of her heels fastens my heartbeat. I try to look confident. Why the fuck is my heart racing like I am just about to meet my teenage crush?! She is my all time crush and that's a whole another thing. Maybe it's because we are meeting after ten years and maybe it might have to do with the fact that I was an asshole to her when we broke up.

Fuck! The things I have said to her!

I was so angry then! I just got to know about the truth behind my father's death! Still it doesn't justify me being an asshole!

She walks in and everything is in slow motion for a minute till she reaches me.

She is dressed in a cream professional sort of dress that ended below her knees. Her hair is lose. Her pearl ear rings are dangling a little. Her watch is in place. Her lips are plump. I wonder if they still feel the same. Her eyes... Kill me right now! God, her eyes! They are set right on mine. Meeting me like a challenge. Her walks towards me and stops an arm length away from me. There is that fire in her eyes.

Oh Baby! If this is a challenge you are throwing my way, you know I can take it!

I hide my smile give her a nod. How cold, Ben?! How cold?! This is your Star! You have been waiting for this moment since ten years and this is how you greet her? A nod?! Do better?! How can I though?! Look at her! Taking my breath away each second!

"Good morning!" I sound confident. There is scrutiny in her eyes. They slightly squint at me that I almost miss it. Hmm!

"Good morning." She replies back keeping her back straight. "Mr. Henderson!" She adds. My left eye brow arches. She keeps her face neutral. Oh. So the game has already begun, huh? You just wait my Little Star!

"Nice to meet you again, Ms. Alberto. It's been a long time." I reply playing her game. She doesn't give out anything. Not even a blink. Damn! She's good!

"Max told me that about the internship program at your company." She comes straight to the point. "Here's my resume." She holds out the file for me. My eyes dart between the file and her. Can she make it any more obvious that she doesn't want anything to do with me? I at least expected some anger or frustration. She is just showing that I am not worth her time too.

I take it from her and pull out a chair for her to sit down. "Sit." I command and I see her jaw tightens a little. She is not allowed to being commanded by anyone other than her father. "Please." What the fuck?! You are boss! The rational part of my mind says. Yes! But it's My Layla! Didn't I climb to the top of the ladder for her? Also for my father and my revenge. That's not the point right now.

She comes and sits in the chair. As she passes me, the trendils of her hair fall on my face for a brief moment and I smell her. Fuck! Me! She still smells the same. I forgot how good she smells. Focus, Ben! Focus! I stand very close beside her. My eyes skim through the pages. I of course know what she did since the past five years. I have been keeping tabs on everything she does.

I couldn't get proper sleep without getting a report on her daily activity. It's been a thing since then. But this Resume thing is just to get a reaction from her, to spike her. Clearly it has no effect on her. She would easily get a job anywhere in the country. She is the daughter of the Duke. Hiring her would be a jackpot for them.

She crosses her legs and her dress moves up a little exposing her cream white legs. I remember kissing and worshipping ever inch of it. Her moans fill my thoughts and her lips fill my mind. Suddenly it feels hot in this large room. Then I remember the look in her eyes. The love in them, the trust in them... I am brought back to the present again. She is moving her dress down and glares at me.