Chapter-5

Chapter-5-"Let's smash the windows of his car!"

Benedict Henderson's POV

As soon as the door opens, my arms instantly go around Layla instinctively and protectively. My eyes narrow on the person that disturbed the perfect moment I was enjoying having her close to me.

It's Miranda! Of course, it's Miranda!!

Her mouth is wide open in shock and her eyes are filled with happiness.

"Oh. My. God!!" She nearly yells coming in and comes closer to us. Her eyes are only on my Little Star. I roll my eyes. Oh and she is a fan of Layla Alberto! That's the reason we became friends in the first place. Her admiration for Layla is what put her in my sight. "I can't believe it! You are finally here!!"

So, I might have told a very about my plan to Miranda! Just the part where Layla will be working with me and during this time, I will try to woo her. That's all she knows. But now she is going to blow it.

"Finally?" Layla asks with confusion. Trust Miranda to keep a secret. Note the sarcasm. Miranda looks at me with a sorry face. I glare at her.

"Layla, meet Miranda. She is a fan of yours." I introduce her.

"What? Really?! It's nice to meet you." Layla extends her hand and Miranda looks shocked. She takes her hand and shakes it with both hands. Even back then people always used to come up to her and introduce themselves for all the charity and community work she used to do. That's her generous heart. I just stare at her. The fan beside my desk causes her hair to fall on my face.

Fuck! That scent... It's still the same! I close my eyes.

"It's so nice to meet you. You don't know how thankful I am for everything you have done for the education of underprivileged! My sister was able to complete her school and her graduation because of your Foundation and the schemes you brought out. Thank you so much for helping!" Miranda goes on a rant. I think she might cry any second now if I don't step in.

"You are welcome. Let me know if you need help with anything more." Layla assures her. I am brought out of my trance as I open my eyes at her words.

Look at my Amazing Girl!! She has a drug case on her, her dear father is not talking to her, all her credit cards are seized, she is not living at her mansion, she is here... working for the man she probably hates... her ex... Me and yet... She is telling Miranda to reach if she needs help. She is a wonder to me. How can she be so selfless?

"We should go out for drinks sometime if you don't mind!" Miranda offers excitedly. Layla opens and closes her mouth.

"Miranda, don't-" I try to stop, but only to be cut off.

"Of course! If you know any clubs that play good music, let me know." My girl's smile is perfectly in place. Oh not the actual one. The EVIL one! What are you upto, my Little Star?! Then I remember, Miranda is my girlfriend to the whole world. Is she jealous? The corner of my lips, tip up.

"I know a perfect place for that. I will contact you soon!" Miranda speaks.

"Sure. I will be at my desk." She is about to walk out.

"Who is going to fix this shirt my Little Star?" I ask and she turns around with wide eyes that I actually used that endearment in front of my girlfriend. Miranda's gaze falls on me and my unbuttoned shirt. Her eyes meet mine again with apology. No, you came at the wrong time!

"Oh since you girlfriend is here, maybe she can help you fix you stupid shirt! Also she can sip you stupid coffees for you!" She barks. Her is nose all scrunched and her eyes are spitting fire. I hold in my chuckle.