Chapter-9

Chapter-9

Layla Alberto's POV

"Would you please stop?!" I am so annoyed at Jenna. She is making kissing sounds. She came back today morning and found me in Ben's shirt that I wore yesterday.

"You still love him." She declares.

"I don't!" A scowl taking it's place on my face.

"Uh-huh! Why did you sound so defensive then?" She is grinning and I roll my eyes at her as I plop down in the chair in front of her. We are having our morning coffee.

"I didn't!" I take a sip of my coffee.

"She says defensively." Jenna teases.

"Jenna!"

"Tell me, why did you not remove his shirt again?" She asks resting her chin on her hand as she looks at me smiling, like she already knows the answer. But even I don't know the answer!

"I-I... I just..." I trail off.

"You just what?"

"It just felt comfortable okay!"

"Something happened. Something you are not telling me. You were so angry at him till yesterday. You went to his place all annoyed. He kissed you fell in the pool. He asked you to change. Then you did and since you wore that shirt you were are all... How do I put it?" She looks keenly at me. "Not hating Ben."

"I still hate him!"

"Yeah, you do." Sarcasm is clear in her voice. "Give me the tea!" I sigh.

"Miranda is not really his girlfriend. They were acting like they were together to keep up an image for the public. It was a contract." Stupid fucking contract! Who gets into contracts like that?!

"What?" Jenna is frozen. "WHAT?!!" Now, that's more like her!

"Yes. I was just as shocked."

"Okay, so... They were in a contract and... and they are still-"

"No. They broke the contract the day Max and Miranda got clicked kissing." Her mouth drops open and her eyes are wide.

"Give me that coffee!" She takes a sip of my hot coffee, puts the mug down and looks at me. "This needs more sugar." She mutters at the coffee. "But WHAT in the HIPPOPOTAMUS FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!" I shrug. I felt the same Jenna! I felt the same! Took me the whole Sunday, two whole tubs of Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream to get it! "Does Max know?"

"He only knew about it after the "kiss"." It is now a national subject. It's all over the media and it's crazy.

"Okay, but why are you still wearing his shirt? Doesn't add up. Spill the beans bitch!" She commands and I nearly jump out of my seat.

"Okay. Okay!" My hands are up like I am surrendering. "When I went to change in his room, he informed there are woman's clothes and I thought they were Miranda's. This is before I knew of the contract. The clothes did have tags on them, but I just didn't feel like wearing something that belonged to others or the woman he is involved with." She is listening waiting for me to get to the point.

"So...?"

"I put on his shirt and pants and the pants were too lose. I was looking around for a belt and I was checking his drawers when..."

"Oh for fuck's sake! Just say it!"

"I found the scarf." My voice is low. Even thinking about how I felt when I saw the scarf... There is that thumping!

"What scarf?"

"My favorite scarf. The one I was wearing on the day we first did it." I remember how he tied my hands with it. He put the scarf over my face and kissed my lips over it. When I tried to run, he put the scarf round my waist and pulled me close. I remember clearly how he used to smell it. He said it smEllied like me.