Chapter-10

Chapter-10

Layla Alberto's POV

"Mom please! Nothing is going between me and Ben! You know I hate him!" I defend myself. I have to stop doing that.

"Yeah, yeah! You hate him." She smiles at me brushing me off. We both came out for a dinner. I miss her so much. I told her about the date and the deal with Ben and she is smiling from ear to ear. I have never told anyone what happened between me and Ben ten years ago. If she knows, she would definitely not be rooting or gushing over us. I gave Ben Mark's contact so they can talk it out. I should call Mark.

"Why are you taking a picture of me?" I frown. She is holding her phone up. She is trying to be subtle but is miserably failing. She awkwardly smiles and clicks something on the phone.

"I am not taking a picture of you." Her denial doesn't change my opinion. I grab her phone. "Layla!" I see the last open app on her phone. It was a video. But my heart drops to my stomach when I see who it is. Papa?

"You were calling Papa? He saw me?" I feel like crying. It's been so long since I met or spoke to him. All the effort I am putting in... Can he just talk to me already?! Mama sighs.

"He has been cranky since the past few weeks. I know he is missing you terribly. He won't admit it. You know he loves you right?" She asks and tears pool my eyes. I just nod my head.

"He is too stubborn and won't let himself come and see you when he wants to. So I called him and he didn't cut the call once he saw you. You are your father's princess still." She puts her hand on mine and the tears start falling.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I am such a bad daughter!

I pull out my phone and text him.

I miss you, Papa!

Mom gives me a kind smile.

Why did I have to go to that club that night? Why did I listen to Chris?! Why did I have to drink?! I know I didn't do any drugs, but how did they end up on me and in my car?! Where is Chris?!

I didn't expect something like this to happen ever. Sure enough, my heart was not at the right place. I was feeling lonely. I was thinking about Ben, about all the things we did since we were kids, how we started dating, how we used to meet without anyone knowing and how he broke my heart. I was truly not able to get over him. That night I was weak and just wanted the pain to go away.

My heart gets heavy thinking about it. I missed Ben so much that night! Everything feels like it's crumbling around me.

I lean my head on Mom's shoulder and let the tears flow. She puts her hand on my cheek gently.

"Everything will be alright." She says softly. It eases me as I will what she just said.

I knock on the door and wait.

"Come in." Comes his voice and I push the door open a little, poke my head in and gaze at him. He has files sprawled across his desk. He is typing furiously on his computer. He looks up and our eyes meet. He pauses typing and turns his attention to me. A little spark appears in his eyes. "I can only see your face. Let me see the whole of you." He says without hesitation and I step in coming into his view.

I walk up to him and the door closes behind me. His eyes fall on my chest as he looks at what I am wearing. I smirk as I walk up to him and plop down in the chair in front of him. I don't need his permission to sit down. He might be my boss. But we both know what we are. We have been more than that and we are past that phase of playing Boss and Intern. I am not playing games about it.