Chapter-11

Chapter-11

Layla Alberto's POV

"Would you please watch the movie now?" I ask popping popcorn into my mouth. My eyes are stuck to the screen. He is staring at me intently. We are the only ones in the theater. He bought the whole show.

"I want to watch you." He replies. I sigh and continue watching. This doesn't feel like friends.

"How does it look?" I ask as I pull the curtain aside and pose in front of him.

"What the fuck?! Where's the rest of it?!" He gets up from the chair. We are the only ones in the private room. The saleswoman is supposed to be here, I don't know where she went.

"Oh! Please! If you want to buy me something, buy this! I want this!" I turn around and go in smiling. The peach dress stops right below my butt and is hugging me perfectly. The neck is a bit too deep and I love it. I love it because it is the perfect dress to piss him off.

"Urgh!" He grunts. "You are seriously going to kill me." I hear him say and can't help the grin.

"Oh... My... God! St-Stop it! I ca... I can't!" I wipe the tears from the edge of my eyes. I can't stop laughing. Ben is telling me the story of the time I accidentally pushed him in the pool when he was fourteen.

"You remember that?" He asks and I nod my head. Our food arrives and we start eating.

"Mmmm! This tastes so good!" I moan at the taste of the pasta. "Your hotel is going to be a hit!" I put another forkful of pasta in my mouth. We are at his hotel again that is set to open in two weeks. We were here just yesterday. I look at Ben and he lifts his hand in a way of dismissing the staff. We are the only ones in the dining room now. It is a private chamber. He told me this is his chamber.

"I missed you." He speaks like he is scared of saying out loud. I freeze. My eyes meet his. The deep longing is completely on display. I feel like someone is breaking the ice around my heart. I feel like he is breaking the wall that I built around my heart so that he cannot crack it again. How is it so easy for him to intrude my heart?

"Ben!" I whisper. I am sitting right beside him. He lifts his hand and pushes the hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear. He is looking at me with such... love. Hold yourself, Layla! I remind myself. He takes my hand and kisses it.

"Eat." He whispers as he brings the fork to my mouth.

"Thank you for the wonderful time." I look at him. He is staring at my chest. I frown and look down. Then it clicks. The scarf! I have been wearing it to give it to him as promised if she helped the little girl. But everything was a fraud. I take off the scarf and give it to him. He looks at me in surprise. "Take your scarf." What the fuck am I sputtering?! Get yourself under control, Layla! He takes it.

"I will give you everything you want, my Little Star." He leans down and puts his forehead on mine. I want t hug him. I don't say it out loud, but he takes me in his arms. I feel such warmth. His arms got so big that the last time I remember. He got so... big. His muscles... His abs... Stop! Stop! Stop, Layla! I breathe in his cologne and immediately pull away.

"See you tomorrow." I mumble.

"You can keep my tie if you want." He says and I frown. He is smiling cheekily before looking down. My gaze follows his and I see that I am holding his tie. What?! I let it go as if it has burned me. He lets out a chuckle and I blush. My eyes fall on his lips. Suddenly the memories of our secret kisses from ten years ago flash in my head. He used to give me kisses when no one was looking.